Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - l48 350 specs
Thread: l48 350 specs
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 01:00 PM
motown redneck

Wiki Edits: 0

l48 350 specs

hello everyone
i usually dont post much as pretty much everything can be found in the knowlege base or by using the search mode, except my question. i am looking for any information on "real life" experiences on the l48 350 sbc found in 1st gen camaros. i would like to know for example if the stock heads are any good and what type, cam type(hydralic, or what), and any other general knowlege one may have.
i have read books on the engine but they didnt provide me with any info im looking for. any help would be greatly appreciated.

the reason for the question is, is im not going to race the car, but would like to obtain in the neighborhood of 400hp for a restoration. i have already had the engine bored.030 over, installed an electronic ign, headers(mr gasket), and i plan to install a larger cam(not sure yet). thanks for any help.

jason

in case it matters i have a 67 ss350 camaro,m20 4spd, numbers matching with 70k original miles on the clock. i am doing a modified restoration to look all original, with out ruining a nice gem.