Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - L67/4L60E into 1972 Nova
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sinister performance and Intense Racing have extensive experience with the L67/4L60E arrangement. They already have the code to flash my pcm. I'm just trying to sort out as much of the electrical before I dive into this project. I know things will pop up, but I want to have as much in order before I begin. They have answered a lot of my questions, but there is still a lot left. Based upon my conversations with them I am going to use the non-supercharged L36 harness that comes from the F-body. I will have to switch the MAP connector from the L67 harness to the new one. There is still a question mark on the fuel injector connectors. Some say they are different some say they are not. The injectors are clearly different, but does anyone know about the connectors?

More importantly though is a question I have about the gauges. Ultimately I want to try to use the gauge cluster from a firebird, but initially to save time and money I found a way to use a $35 OBD2 wifi transmitter, an Android tablet or phone and an app called Torque to display all of my gauges. It's amazing and trick as hell. My question for you all is do I need the F-body Body Control Module and associated harness to get the gauges to work either with the tablet or the Firebird cluster? I was under the impression all of that data came from the PCM, but think the BCM might be needed for the gauges to interpret the data.

Thanks