Hot Rod Forum banner

L72 Biscayne History

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ZAPPER68 
#1 ·
I own a 1966 L72 Biscayne that was raced at Minnesota Dragways back in '66 under the name of RAT TRAP. My car is Aztec Bronze and during it's racing days it had the roadrunner cartoon character painted on the rear quarters and "Good Times Gasser" painted on the left rear corner of the trunk lid. The car was owned and driven by the late Dick Ribaudo from Duluth.

I have owned the car for 2 years and I'm trying to gather as much information about the car as possible, especially during it's time at the races where it ran in B/S, low 13's @ 114 mph. I have been on the net and looked for archive photos from Minnesota Dragways during this era without any luck. Does anyone know where I might go from here for more information?

Thanks

ZAPPER

#2 ·
Hmmm, I'll bet Warren Johnson could help you out. I've a few buddies from that era that live in Duluth (my hometown), I'll see if I can find anything out for you. Dan

#4 ·
dinger said:
Hmmm, I'll bet Warren Johnson could help you out. I've a few buddies from that era that live in Duluth (my hometown), I'll see if I can find anything out for you. Dan
Dinger,
Good news from my end. I just spoke to the wife of the deceased gentleman that bought my car new and raced it in 1966. She explained that the Biscayne "was before her time" but her son has heard of the car and his fathers racing prowess at the track. Her son has asked to see the car and we have set up a tentative date for June when I'm on leave.

I also phoned the guy I bought the car from. He said that he and his buddies get together every Thursday and watch old racing movies and bs about the good old days back in the 60's. Recently a friend of his shows up with some footage of my car actually being driven down the track. Apparently it ran a 12.54. I'll get a copy of the movie when I'm there in June.

It's not quite the paperwork I was hoping for but still evidence of the car and it's racing history. I'm looking forward to meeting and showing Dick's son and widow the car as well.

ZAPPER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.