LA Lakers, oops!, LA Kobes just lost again. Anyone want to buy a superstar cheap? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

LA Lakers, oops!, LA Kobes just lost again. Anyone want to buy a superstar cheap?

Well, Kobe Bryant got everything he wanted, raped at least one hotel clerk we know of and got off cheap for a couple $million, ran off the best player in the NBA along with the rest of the supporting talent from their championship years and now he is the 'star' of the worst team in basketball. Pretty sad when you have to root for the Clippers as your home team!!

Anyone out there want a 'super star'? No one in SoCal wants him for sure.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2005, 06:58 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Aaahhhh, the once great LA Flakers putting all their flakes in one box. Did anyone really believe that Kobe would be able to do the work of 10? Basketball is all about team and the more successful ones are team oriented. We saw that with the Bulls when MJ demanded a lot of his TEAM mates. His early years of loosing when he was putting up the big numbers taught him the value of the others stepping up their game. Tim Duncan of the Spurs knows that as did Kareem, and many others. Look at Magic and Larry Bird, the consummate team players and their team records speak for themselves.

Good luck in peddling the Greatest One Man Show in his own mind.

Trees
Old 03-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Thanks Trees for helping me wallow in self pity. The difference between Kobe and MJ is that MJ had exceptional TALENT! When he wanted to take over a game, he couldn't be stopped. When Kobe tries to take over the 4th/4, he can't get the ball past half court most of the time. The times he does manage to not lose the ball, he dribbles around for 23 seconds and ends up taking a desperation no-look turn-around 30-footer. He is in big trouble now because 'talent' he allowed the Lakers brass to surround him with are all proven losers their entire careers and they are of zero help to him.

Saw an interesting interview with Magic Johnson. As great as he and Worthy and Jamal Wilkes etc., all were, he said they always knew that was Kareem's team.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Cheap? What would cheap be? And what would you do with him. I'm thinking yardwork or tootsie roll patrol but he'd screw that up also. Can't stand the guy, there's another reason for me to watch college basketball. Dan
Old 03-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Last photo:

How about Reggie Miller scoring his age against the Lakers. 39 points from a 39 year old is pretty impressive. I'll miss Reggie next year, he says he is retiring. I may be just a bit biased being from Indiana, but , what the heck.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1
How about Reggie Miller scoring his age against the Lakers. 39 points from a 39 year old is pretty impressive. I'll miss Reggie next year, he says he is retiring. I may be just a bit biased being from Indiana, but , what the heck.
My geologist is from Indiana so I hear that stuff all day long!! No pro football, the Dodgers, Clippers, Lakers, Hmmm . . . Well at least we have USC which has upheld the SoCal banner pretty well the past couple of years. And good old Fresno State throwing off Super Bowl winning quarterbacks and #1 NFL pick quarterbacks is doing a pretty good job in the Central Valley!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:48 AM

Last photo:

We used to have one of the top five basketball programs in the nation, till the powers that be decided Mike Davis was the answer to the coaching question at Indiana University. Last year the Hoosiers didn't break 500 and this year they were blown out in the 1st game of the NIT. Davis is a good recruiter, but I could name 10 or more high school coaches who are more qualified to coach. If all that wasn't bad enough, I hear that they are also dead last in the big ten scholastically. Shame Shame
Old 03-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Sounds like you are in the dumps there. Wanna buy a cheap super star to cheer you up? I'll pass the info on to Mitch Kupchak.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com
And good old Fresno State throwing off Super Bowl winning quarterbacks and #1 NFL pick quarterbacks is doing a pretty good job in the Central Valley!
Have you been watching the Fresno State fiasco lately? Time to clean house. I think Boyd Grant was the last reputable BB coach they had, I knew there would be trouble when Tarkanian was named coach, kind of like going to bed with the mob. The football program seems to be the only program that's not mired down in scandal and egos.
Kobe better stay with the Lakers, are there any other teams that would put up with him? I was a Laker fan when I was a kid in Mn., the original home of the Lakers. I'd pass on free tickets now. Dan
Old 03-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I used to live in Indiana myself, and was always a big Bobby Knight fan. Now I'm not too far from Lubbock so I root for Texas Tech.

How the mighty Hoosiers have fallen. There was not a team from Indiana in the NCAA tournament this year. Tisk tisk tisk.

I think it's kind of funny how Shaquille was supposed to be "washed up", and now he's burning up the goal down in Miami. How can a man that size, and can move that fast be stopped?

Ask Bobby Knight, he did it with the Hoosiers way back when.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say, and they also say that chickens always come home to roost!

I am going to miss hearing "Reeeegggiiieeeee Mmmmmilllerrrrrrr"!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

No I didn't know about the scandals but am not surprised. Tarkanian was bad news his entire career. I assumed he would destroy everything Grant had built in round-ball but am sad to hear he polluted the other programs too.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com
Well, Kobe Bryant got everything he wanted, raped at least one hotel clerk we know of and got off cheap for a couple $million, ran off the best player in the NBA along with the rest of the supporting talent from their championship years and now he is the 'star' of the worst team in basketball. Pretty sad when you have to root for the Clippers as your home team!!

Anyone out there want a 'super star'? No one in SoCal wants him for sure.
I beg your pardon - the Portland Trail Blazers are worse than the Lakers. <chuckle> Up here, we call 'em the Jail Blazers. Half of 'em have been busted for drugs.. Heck, Damon got busted trying to go through the airport metal-detector with a bag of weed wrapped up in tin foil..
Talk about behavioral problems - the NBA's got 'em all.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Basketball......................actually, all pro sports has become a joke. If it's not "criminal" basketball players, it's Steroid pumped up baseball players...or Hockey players, that think they should make more money than presidents, or kings for that matter.

These overpaid, self righteous jerks have made fools of the fans for too long now. I am sick of the whole thing.

Think I will shut off the TV and go work in the garage............for about 20 years.

Budget RVs
Old 03-23-2005, 07:05 PM

Last photo:

AMEN brother Poncho.

Larry
Old 03-23-2005, 07:57 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

joke jocks

dittos about the jerks I mean jocks.... talk about overpaid spoiled children

The individual folks that write at this site have more talent in their left pinky then all the ball players put together . After all when was the last time you ever saw a new ball design, custome or even a rat ball.... could be a couple of those, but never a home built ball with a rake and flame job

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.