lacquer thinne question - Page 13 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atichargr
I got my iwata today... it came with , a wrench type gizmo (technical term),a little tube of lube (don't know where or what to use it on) , a little filter (don't know if it goes under the cup or in the cup) you had mentioned it may not be wise to use this with the single stage, and a 1000ml cup, and a little tooth brush (what it looks like) okay ready for the questions? get that hunt and peck finger ready... 1- does the cup just crew on or do I need to use some kind of teflon tape ? 2- how tight does the cup need to be screw it on by hand or snug up with a wrench 3- how the heck do I go about cleaning this gun? 4- if I was to use this little filter how do I do it? and with what product the paint only? 5-1000 ml how much will this cover as far as painting my model a tudor? 6-the "instructions" or "destructions" say to set the inlet pressure to 16-18 lbs... is this correct or does the product sheet(tech sheet) say what pressure to set at? 7-am I forgetting any questions here?
okay tomorrow if I don't drink to much tonight I am going to goto the paint supply store .. I figure it will be about 3 weeks till I do any spraying still a few odds and ends I need to round up... so don't hurt that finger too bad tonight you can answer in stage if you like... any other little helpfull tips I would appriciate thanks.. grasshopper few that was a mouth full
HEY GUYS SORRY TO BUT IN, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION. DID YOU GET YOUR GUN FROM SPRAYGUNPLANET.COM? BECAUSE I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING ONE FROM THERE AND I SEEN YOU SAY THAT YOU WERE MOST LIKELY GOING TO GET IT FROM THERE. I DIDN'T SEE IF YOU ACTUALLY DID IN PREVIOUS POSTS, IF YOU DID MY BAD. THANKS

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM

Last journal entry: test
Last photo:

Yes that is where I got my gun... that is the best price I could find.
by the way you are not butting in it is an open bulletin board.. you may post where and when you want :-) I can't tell you how the gun is since I have yet so spray but I will in the next couple of weeks... I will post what I thik of it
Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 PM

Yeah, I've Looked All Over And That Is A Great Deal. I Have Never Heard Of Them, But I Am Going To Order One Now. Thanks Alot
Old 07-23-2009, 05:22 PM

Last photo:

you are very welcome and good luck with your projects
Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Last photo:

Did some more sanding of the "bondo" today, thought that was going to be it then I could use my glaze, but I can't get my roof area "perfect" so it looks like tomorrow a little more bondo work, my neighbor who worked in a body shop when he was a teen and early 20's told me I am tring to hard.. he said once it is all primed and painted one color and if a light color you will never know... but for some reason I can not accept that ... if I run my hand over the roof area I can feel high and lows but if I look down it , it doesn't look bad ... I just can't accept it like that... so it pushes my priming back a little further.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:28 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Thats a constant battle for us...drawing a line between prefect and still making money. Lighter colors will hide a lot,the reflection of the sun off the roof will prevent you from looking to close,(blind them with brillance) but on the other hand your quest for personal perfection is never a bad thing so just keep going untill youve reached a point where your happy or give up ,whatever comes first.you can always redo it better after youve gained a little more experiance. Its ez to get caught up in the minor details and lose sight of the big picture. Be proud of what youve accomplished ...my first job looked good but nothing like I do now. I hope this helps....Dont forget,if your going to be driving this car off from the chapel theres more to worry about than a perfect roof,like making sure it starts in front of everybody, getting a jump start in front of the church just aint cool.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:58 PM

Last photo:

well I put went out and did some more bondo work, and sanded it all down, looking better now if I get right down and look down it looks straight except for 2-3 areas no bigger than a half dollar that need to be raised... on the drivers side... the passenger side looks almost yes almost perfect... I think I am going to have to try do some work after work if im not to beat to stay on schedule... just under three months to go.. of course our nice cool summer has now changed to the typical hot humid summer atleast for the next week, the week after looks nice but my father inlaw to be is off that week so I have to do his job as well as mine... so the next two weeks maybe out of the question... I am just scared I don't have enough time... everyone keeps telling me that I have plenty of time... once the roof is done all I have to do is glaze my bondo, sand 400 then prime, wet sand 600 seal dry sand 600 paint... how deep of a scratch will the epoxy fill? 80,180,220? maybe I am just feeling the wedding crunch!

thanks,
simon
Old 07-26-2009, 06:22 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

sand your bondo up to 80 then glaze and sand the glaze with 180 then 320,prime and sand primer with 400 use a white guide coat over black primer or black guide coat over gray primer this helps you see what your sanding much better

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.