lacquer thinne question - Page 8 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

well,I was talking to some guys about the cheap guns and how I had a dozen they could have, when I rememberd the devilbis stll hanging where I left it 8 yrs ago all i got is a complete gun JGA-503 I'll check it out and dial it in ,make sure it works right and seals are in good shape but it has a good set-up combination for SS and two stage even did candies with it (tri coats) but that dang cup hit the roof for the last time and got hung up nuttin worse than a great paint job with a cup scrape in the wet paint.I'm surprized I didn't throw it (my usual reaction).....LOL the paint booth door is full of dents... gettin rid of an old booth too ,I'll start a thread on this old stuff I got... see who wants it to learn with,wouldn't it be nice to have a community toolbox with guns and stuff for everyone to use so they didnt have to buy everything?just a thought

Advertisement

Last edited by deadbodyman; 07-06-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If the kid isn't interested in the gun I am. Let me know. I'm looking for a straight enamal gun. I'm getting back into my trade and am rebuilding my tooling. After a few people saw how I can lay paint I'm suddenly getting inqueries for paint jobs. Everybody here is used to seeing that thick orange peel that these new painters are doing. Then I come along with this looked like it was buffed already appearance and their first response is, whoooo!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:38 PM

what I'm thinking is passing it around.... when hes done give it to the next guy and so on, so everybody can use it. I think it will help those without lots of cash to experiment with and eliminate the problems cheap guns cause... like falling apart right in the middle of the job.but your welcome to use it if you'll pass it on to someone else I got an Iwata you can have, it needs a little work but might be better for you since you can paint already... got five old binks guns too (siphons) thirteen guns in all ...probably make a good working gun with all the parts.those binks guns were nice too
Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Last photo:

The Iwata would be great. Since they have cut us down to 4 work days a week 3 months ago at my full time job I've had to supplement my income with what I know best. As far as rebuilding it, no problem. I'll pass it on later to someone here afterwords.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:10 PM

the Iwata would be yours to do with as you please......heres what you'll be getting into: replacing the pin ,nozzel and cap.....piece a cake Probably cost a hundred bucks or so....But...you can try reseating the pin and nozzel with valve lapping compound packed in the nozzel and lapping the pin in with a drill chucked to the end of the pin.. sometimes this works for a couple more months or more........ still want it? Show me how to send it
Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Last photo:

Just PM'ed you.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 AM

Last journal entry: test
Last photo:

wow I must of gone to bed early last night, missed all those great offerings... thank you very much Mike, very nice of you to think of me, I have the Iwata LPH400 with the base/clear silver aircap... 1.4 so I think I am good on the gun... funny thing is when I ordered it , it said it came with everything I needed to get a professional paint job...when the gun arrived it was in a little box, I was a little confussed there was one huge part missing that goes behind the gun... someone like you a professional! anyway took the day off taking the fiance to Kings Dominion been together 8 years today... my future father inlaw will have fun today... at work that leaves him with my helper (who can't fix a sandwich let alone a car) and an oil changer.. o'well have a great day and thanks for the offers

simon

Last edited by atichargr; 07-07-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 AM

Last photo:

cjperotti,

no offense taken but im not a kid :-) Im 36....
Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atichargr
cjperotti,

no offense taken but im not a kid :-) Im 36....
None taken Simon,LOl just the other day a fossilized SOB called me a kid .....I was shocked My age is posted on my avitar...... '"49'" you'll get used to it.. kidd .. ,haHaHaHa.....
what part is missing? must be the cup.....I've got an extra one you can have.Are we still under budget? Dont forget to call before you paint or for any other problems for that matter......Anybody else doing a paint job that needs a gun to use? ....Hey, you guys are almost neighbors....LOL ,a bad day off is still better than a good day at work...LOL

Last edited by deadbodyman; 07-07-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:12 PM

Last photo:

no Mike the part missing isn't the cup I have that a nice big one... the big part missing behind the gun is a professional.... (the person using the gun) get it now kid? LOL have a great evening

simon
Old 07-07-2009, 06:49 PM

Last photo:

I noticed some of your comments on the thread a big boob... very funny.... did I ever mention that I am a British citizen... grew up here in the us but never got citizenship... my father is from london and now lives in Brussel Belgium.. My mother from Norfolk England.... still lives here ... funny thing is I was born in Kampala, Uganda.... My father is a world renouned cancer researcher... He has protocols named after him for treating cance, of course he was the one that made them... It is a little sad though you would think that the man would be filthy rich saving lives etc ... but no .. now if you play a sport you become a multi millionaire.. saving lives... just another job... he is also the president of INCTR. a little off topic... but just thought I might share that with you
Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Lacqure thinners

Quote:
Has anyone used the crown low voc low odor products??? they have a paint prep , and a lacquer thinner... would these be any good? the only thing that it says with the lacquer thinner is not to mix it with automotive lacquer paint... I will just be using to wipe the car down and clean my guns.... and I am not shooting lacquer I will be shooting urethane .... I am just tring to do my part in helping the enviorment and my and everyones health around me...

thanks,
simon
First off lacqure thinners WILL eat your paint from your car also any rubber seals it hits not to mention absorbtion into your hands that will seriousely damage your kidneys belive me I know from years of body work prep sol is the best all around cleaner that wont damage anything on your car also will clean your guns . Keep asking question no matter what ..you will learn !!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
no Mike the part missing isn't the cup I have that a nice big one... the big part missing behind the gun is a professional.... (the person using the gun) get it now kid? LOL have a great evening

simon
AHHHHHHHHHHH,,,HAHAHAHAHA,ILMAO..hehehe Congradulations....... you got me good... you learnin fastest, grasshopperson ...soon have my stones in YOUR hand...... not foot in yer A ZZ now quite foolin around an git ta work how comea you make funa ol man?.........I cant believe I fell for that like ten dollar hooker in a *** i**de***88***8
Old 07-07-2009, 08:15 PM

Last photo:

LOL,LOL hey we gotta have fun so we don't go crazy!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgrenier
First off lacqure thinners WILL eat your paint from your car also any rubber seals it hits not to mention absorbtion into your hands that will seriousely damage your kidneys belive me I know from years of body work prep sol is the best all around cleaner that wont damage anything on your car also will clean your guns . Keep asking question no matter what ..you will learn !!
I know first hand thinner absorbs through the skin..and useing thinner without gloves , when I forgot to put hardner in the paint and had to wipe all the paint off with thinner ....... I got feeling real good (drunklike)till the headeache came.... worst I ever had... I wear gloves for everything now ....mixing paint too.Simon,since I keep forgeting to tell you about your safty issues you might want to brush up on that a little before painting your first one ...booth safty is another important issue.....although booth explosions are rare but they do happen and I dont want your wife gunnin for "ME" ..so be safe and smart ....the life you save may be mine. "Real good point mark"

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.