Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ladder bar adjustments
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 04:59 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well like I said I didn't use corner weights. If I had then the right rear weighed the most when done. I never weighed that car by corner just front and rear. Why did I do what I did? I was at the track shakin down the new set-up and susp. The car left a little to the right indicating that on launch it had too much weight on the left rear tire. Does that make sense? If you read back about how the rear axle behaves on launch it will. So why adjust the left bar adjuster? By making the lower link on the left longer (about 1/16th in my case) it added just enough compensation to the right side tire to allow it to leave dead straight every pass.

Ladder bars are very violent and simple suspension components. They can take a major hit and still plant tires real hard as needed. I guess I need to mention that this was used with coilovers and a diagonal link. As heavy as the car was it only needed 110# coils in the rear due to placement and spring pre-load. There's a lil science and theory to that as well but maybe another subject.

As far as input, is your car behaving in a certain manner? Is the ride hgt where you want it? Coilovers are assumed. What spring? Did you weigh the car as you would be at the line ready for launch (I.E. you sitting in the drivers seat and fueled to a similar wt)? Lots of TQ? Auto trans? What convertor stall? Using a trans brake?

I've been under way more than my share of drag cars both in the shop and in the gravel in the pits. I'll be happy to help out any way I can.