Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ladder bar adjustments
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Nitro Junkie

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHIGHLANDER
"And, don't forget the roundy-round boys preload with the springs all the time. No reason it can't be done in a straight line."

JS...Look into the deal Dave says about lighter springs and "stored energy". Consider everything we've been discussing, and if possible have someone knowledgable watch your car launch and take notes. Remember, longer on the drivers side (lower ladder bar adjuster) adds static wt on the pass side. The opposite is also true. Don't cloud the issue with "instant centers". The instant center is the forward mount. The bars are the levers. The levers plant the tires and when right will not allow the car to sag at all on launch. in fact the top of the tire should be nearly visable on launch depending on how low the car sits. It also sounds like they're in the right position to get the lengthening force I was talking about earlier.

JS...lookin forward to hearin how the car's doin. You never said what it was, did you?
Will do, the spring rate on back is rather light for the weight, it's 110 lb springs.
No I guess I never said what it was.
Here's a link to my web site, you may want to turn your speakers down. Crazy music LOL
My web pics