Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ladder bar adjustments
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 04:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Kool car JS...love that injection deal. No wonder it's violent, but that's managable. You can give me details later as far as size and power, etc.

Now I'll rant...NEVER NEVER NEVER neutral an automatic car in the lights after a run!!! Quickest way to find yourself with ATF under the tires. Most drag racers know this. The only time driveline is disconnected is by clutch or convertors that disengage themselves automatically. NEVER downshift unless you got no brakes. Overspeeds the drum, etc and can seize the guts and roll the case...NOT GOOD!

'grass1...no, not on my nerves. I tend to speak coloquially at times. Dampers, timers, or in reality, hydraulic linear decellerators. I for one wouldn't care to take a hard turn in the typical drag car. I understand your points about suspension geometry, but we were dealing with the simplest and perhaps most violent levers for drag racing. I've always liked ladder bars. The only reason I ever see to use a 4 link is packaging and excessive power levels. I know of a 2600# ladder bar car that does 8.20s. But I wouldn't turn a corner with it...