Hot Rod Forum banner

ladder bar plans?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  willys36@aol.com 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I have a 70 chevelle malibu, hence the name. Well here goes, i put in a 2400 stall over the weekend and I now have wheel hop and no traction off the line, no suprise there. I really don't want to pay $200 for a pair of ladder bars, so i was wondering if anyone would happen to have any plans?

-Thanks a bunch, Ryan.

#4 ·
Ladder bars would not work all that well in your situation. They are better suited for leaf spring or coil over non street cars. You need to stiffen up the lower controll arms. You can buy available drag race type re-enforced lower arms or replace your stock arm bushings with solid or urethane. Here's a low buck trick from back when,,, drive large nails #16 or so, into the rubber bushings in the controll arms (use an air type gun). This little trick, along with some 50-50 rear shocks will controll wheel hop and still be streetable.

#5 ·
Alright awesome guys, thanks for all the help. Yeah i was planning on putting some 50/50 shocks in. The car is raised up higher than stock all around. Once again, thanks for the ideas everybody, and I'll email you willys for some plans so i'll have some laying around in case i need them some day.

-thanks, Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.