Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ladder bar tuning
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 04:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I guess I am just confused. I thought you were thinking this was an 11 second car. I am not trying to be a *****, it is just that there are alot of people who come to this site with imaginary cars or imaginary engines making imaginary power. I am not accusing you of this, but when this happens it makes it is misleading to those following along if all the details of the car or situation in question do not make sense. It can give people a false sense of the answer to problems that may not even exist. This could lead someone else down a path that is just plain wrong.

That said, I think if the car has never been to the track you really dont know how it will react. You said it unloads the tires after it moves a couple feet. Are you testing it on the street? Nothing will hook on the street. The only way you will know if this car will hook and launch is at the track. There is no substitute for a concrete launch pad covered in rubber.

You need to get to the track to do your testing. It is pretty much impossible to set up a car on the street to see how it will run at the track. The point is that a well tuned race car will roast the tires on a standard asphalt street surface.

Chris

[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>