Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ladies and Gentlemen...Start your engines!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ladies and Gentlemen...Start your engines!

I need advice about a possible circle track car, B-mod. It's cheap (900) and is in good shape. It has a new body last year and four new shocks by Afco. Four new Hotchkis springs, front lower control arms and comes race ready minus engine and trans, even includes all guages and switches like right front brake and bias adjuster. It has a pull bar rear with a 9" and 5.67 gears. New tires as well. American Racers. It's won four Championships.

Sounds like a great deal right? Well, last year it took a hit in the right front and bent the frame. It was striaghtend but not by any professional. I saw it in the dark with a big flash light And I couldn't even see where the frame was bent at all. The owner say's he didn't really see a difference in how the car drove after the hit.

I want to buy the car to start my biusness with but I don't know if my enthusiasm is in the way. Does anyone have a opinion or can tell me what I need to be careful about. I don't want to get screwed, but man it seems like a deal I can't pass up.