Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lakewood Clutch fork clip broke/angle of clutch fork
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 10:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have never heard of this happening, but that does not mean it is impossible. My guess would be that your clutch fork pivot ball definitely needs to be setup. If the geometry is off then in order to get sufficient clutch disengagement, the fork would kinda be on it the "tips of it's toes" trying to reach far enough and the bearing flange could returnsliding between the spring and fork. I have the identical setup (454,dual friction,lakewood,T-10) have not had that problem yet. I have the installation instructions if you need them can email if required. I measured by calculating the position off of the bellhousing face, based on the measurement they spec. They measure off the flywheel face. With a dial gauge I measured the distance of the face from the back of the engine with the flywheel on the crank. add the thickness of the engine saver plate, and then add the distance from flywheel face to the engine (bellhousing mating surface) to the spec they give you. then you should be able to measure off of the bellhousing flange to the clutch fork ball like in the pic I am attaching.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13b.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1601