Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lambo doors..
Thread: Lambo doors..
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
This is my concern, I know you can install them Mikey. And they will work better most of the others we see, you will likely "fine tune" them a little better. But as my dad aways said "You can't polish a turd". after you install them, your customer doesn't own them, YOU do.

They REALLY are funky Mikey. You know how when you bolt on some hood latch kit from a rod company and you look at it and think "man they should have done this or that". It "works" but man you could have built it yourself and it would have been a little better.....multiply that feeling times a hundred. Only problem is, you likely couldn't have made them better. These hinges are designed to TRY to make a door operate in a completely different manner than the car was designed from the very start. Every single thing associated with that door, the rubber, latches, windows, structure, sheetmetal, EVERY SINGLE thing was designed for the door to work in a totally different fashion. Then, after all that, some guy makes up this hinge to change ALL that.
I know you love challenges, and this is just that. But unless you have a LOT of time to eat and not get paid for. And the car is not that nice, so if you chip a thing or two it won't matter. And you don't make any modifications that you can't quickly undo, I say let it pass.

Now, if you want to "give it a try" and bolt the thing on and give it a whirl, go for it. Like I say, they are an engineering marvel.

Brian