Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lambo doors..
Thread: Lambo doors..
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

You are right Brian, I have no doubt that I could make them work. I have no doubt that I could reinforce the a pillar and door so you could pick the car up with the door handle.

But I'll build extra stuff, and tweak on it until it's right, not get paid for my time, and when I'm done, it'll still be a VW with a lame door hinge...(I mean Porsche.)

I didn't know that keeping the door off of the adjoining panels is the responsibility of the operator. Does Lamborghini have the door pocket cut to allow movement without the chance of paint chips? I'll bet the real lambo hinge is designed better with some limiting devices that keep door parts from occupying the same space at the same time.
I can't imagine that an expensive car like that would have a design that allowed self mutilation.

Everything tells me this isn't the time to take this job on.
I've got a guy with a 48 Studebaker that's been bugging me to straighten out his front suspension /airbag woes, for several months now....at straight T&M...

I never worked on a stude before either, but it looks more fun than having a vdub in the house...

I can always find my tacos somewhere else...

Thanks, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example