Landspeed logistics - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Landspeed logistics

Guys if you have an interest in how much it takes to do a landspeed effort here is a pic of the guys heading out to
Alvord ranch for a test session..That is about half of it..

Sam

http://landspeed.com/images/updates/...er/121103c.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
Cool, they even bring out their own porto-potty.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

If you want it you better bring it as there are no facilities out in the remote areas where testing is done..Even missing a small thing can bring the efforts to a halt..

Sam
Old 11-22-2012, 11:49 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Cool, they even bring out their own porto-potty.

Brian
Prob. an EPA thing... or there are wives/GF along
Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

HA.. I've seen quite a few that only bring a car on an open trailor and whatever fits in the p/u bed.
that must be a big time operation.. as most don't need half that junk..
Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

drive it

In the mid 50's Carroll Miller drove his Y block Ford from Texas, said he got 22 miles per gallon, set a couple records, and BEAT the Ford Factory team, then drove back home. A few years ago, Boyd Coddington showed up at Bonneville with about that much equipment, His big motor home broke thru the salt crust, sunk into the mud underneath . The first tow truck broke thru and was stuck, I took about a week and $ 30 K to get everything out back on to the asphalt road. One of the reasons the Salt Flats is a good place to race is the mud and water underneath the salt crust cools the surface and the tires don't absorb as much track heat.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

BLM reg's

Since 2010 the BLM requires anybody recreating on BLM land or in boats traveling down rivers-lakes bordered by BLM land to have an approved sanitary moisture absorbing pooper urine bag. They seem to be able to enforce that rule but they have not been able to enforce the rules for companies that Mine the Salt Flats, court ordered procedures that were suposed to be in place 3 or 4 years ago. WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN , Save The Salt.
The Following User Says Thank You to timothale For This Useful Post:
cobalt327 (11-23-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 09:15 PM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:

landspeed logistics

I landspeed race the easier way and the only way I could under the sanction of the East Coast Timing Asoc. now on a two mile runway in Wilmington, Ohio. I set two landspeed records this year with my 03 SS Silverado truck and one record last Oct. on the last ever Maxton Mile in N.C. I was just eight months out of spending over two years in a wheelchair in Sept. at Maxto. I have been reading HotRod Magazine since I was about ten years old and out of the fourteen car mags I read cover to cover each month HotRod is still the Bible of all magazines. I was thumbing through the July issue to see what was in it because I was right in the middle of reading another one when in the middle of the magazine somthing caught my eye. The article started off about me and the last two paragraphs on the opposite page were about me also.
Landspeed racing and the preparation and antisipation have played an important role in my recovery from a heart attack followed by three strokes.

Garrell Patterson
Old 12-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrell.770 View Post
I landspeed race the easier way and the only way I could under the sanction of the East Coast Timing Asoc. now on a two mile runway in Wilmington, Ohio. I set two landspeed records this year with my 03 SS Silverado truck and one record last Oct. on the last ever Maxton Mile in N.C. I was just eight months out of spending over two years in a wheelchair in Sept. at Maxto. I have been reading HotRod Magazine since I was about ten years old and out of the fourteen car mags I read cover to cover each month HotRod is still the Bible of all magazines. I was thumbing through the July issue to see what was in it because I was right in the middle of reading another one when in the middle of the magazine somthing caught my eye. The article started off about me and the last two paragraphs on the opposite page were about me also.
Landspeed racing and the preparation and antisipation have played an important role in my recovery from a heart attack followed by three strokes. Garrell Patterson

Did you get that issue I sent to you?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 AM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateean2 View Post
Outstanding thread, thanks all for joining. I'll visit often.
Don't do us any favors, spammer.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:51 AM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:

Landspeed Logistics

Dinger I did get the copy you sent and it came in handy, as a matter of fact my Sister took it and did a deal where she took the two center pages and placed them in the center of a very large frame on red felt with a gold border around on the felt is also the cover of the mag and several 5"x7" pictures my Brother in law, her husband, that is my crew chief has taken of my truck launching and some going down the track, all inside a probably 3'x3' frame. If you can put my description together in your mind she brought this to me before I had another catherization a few monthhs ago. This now hangs in a prominent place in my shop and everyone that comes to visit sees it then walk over to read it, my appologies for not sending you a thankyou. I think after we bought a copy for every family member that asked if I could find them one it was a total of eleven copies plus an extra for me and two more I bought for my Brother in law and youngest Grandson that always go with me and are my crew.
I see another of my old friends Mark, cobalt237, joined us during the night. I buy, sell and trade on collectable Colt handguns and I buy on an on line auction that the NRA uses to sell guns that people donate to them and I advertise on a couple of different forums that I check on all during the night. I also was very active on a Corvette forum where I started threads that have had over 90,000 views and over 3,000 replies that all came as emails through me and I tried to respond back as a post to almost everyone of them. I have let them kindof die down because I got to feeling so bad I just couldn't keep up with everything but every few days some one will look back, find one and make a post and revive whichever forum it was.

Garrell
Old 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Always good to hear from you, Garrell. Hope things are looking up for you and the family. I was up doing some mind numbing editing (>6.5 hours) to the Crankshaft Coalition wiki; added the Undeveloped articles to all the categories so hopefully people will chime in and add to them.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrell.770 View Post
Dinger I did get the copy you sent and it came in handy, as a matter of fact my Sister took it and did a deal where she took the two center pages and placed them in the center of a very large frame on red felt with a gold border around on the felt is also the cover of the mag and several 5"x7" pictures my Brother in law, her husband, that is my crew chief has taken of my truck launching and some going down the track, all inside a probably 3'x3' frame. If you can put my description together in your mind she brought this to me before I had another catherization a few monthhs ago. This now hangs in a prominent place in my shop and everyone that comes to visit sees it then walk over to read it, my appologies for not sending you a thankyou. I think after we bought a copy for every family member that asked if I could find them one it was a total of eleven copies plus an extra for me and two more I bought for my Brother in law and youngest Grandson that always go with me and are my crew.

Garrell
Good! I was worried about your health and my abillity to address an envelope properly! get to feeling better, prayers are sent your way. Dan

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.