Hot Rod Forum banner

Large Marge has left the Building

832 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bad Rat 
#1 ·
well, as of last nite at about midnite i didnt think it would happen, i thought i was finished & had thought i had checked everything but somehow forgot to fill the PS pump up after i had to replace a hose. in about 60 seconds i burnt it to a crisp, all i could say is F---, F---, F---!!!!!!!!!!
i checked my GM PS pumps but didnt seem to have one that i could use because of the brackets i had to change. well i will admit i went in & went to bed so pissed off at myself for screwing up the PS pump & knew i didnt have time to go get one & have it done before noon today when our son had to leave to go back to Camp LeJeune, NC.

at about 8am this morning i got up went back out in the garage && still cussing myself about the pump but desided to look around one more time. w/luck & a lot of praying to the BIGG GUY upstairs i found a PS Pump stuff in the back of some other parts. as luck would have it i was able to pull the pully off easlily & swapped the brackets to mount it. i primed the pump mounted it to the mtr & it was good to go (Thank you Lord).

i have been beating heavily on the beast for the past 4-6weeks trying to finish it enough so i could take our son for a short ride before he goes to Iraq in the middle of April. Sooooooooo, after a 36yr sleep & 10yrs after i bought her, Large Marge went on her maiden voyage around the block today :D :D.

so w/no glass :rolleyes: , no floor :eek: other then the 1x1 tubing & a piece of plywood to set the seat on && hot wired, i fired that mother up & drove her out of the garage w/my son sitting beside me. w/smiles on our faces from ear to ear we pulled out of the driveway & drove around the block for the first time. Joe told me he honestly didnt think this day would happen before he left BUT happy as snot to be here for the first ride when it did happen.

she's still has a ways to go before i will take her out for a long distance ride, but it seems she may just see that happening sometime this summer. the wife & i have been w/o a ride to enjoy for close to 6yrs now & we have been bitten once more :D :D. so hopefully we will see some of u in the near future as we cruise around the St Louis area working all the bugs out of her.

sorry but we had no one to take pics of the trip around the block, BUT we did get a short video of the son & i pulling Large Marge out of the garage & i will post a link as soon as i get it downloaded.....joe

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.