Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

large or small jounrnal 327

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DoubleVision 
#1 ·
How do I know if I have a large journal or small journal 327 engine. Thanks Ed ke6bnl SoCalif.

#3 ·
I did get the numbers off the crank shaft as best I could and they are 8082 stamped on big lobe, and F109 CAST ON TO THE crankshaft. Can I measure something to tell the differance. Thanks Ed

#5 ·
Originally posted by syclone:
<strong>I am thinking DOublevision was talking block casting numbers if using mortec.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I did go back to that great site and was unable to fine crank journal info. but the site has help me by not getting a motor that was suppose to be a 350 and was a 283 engine and an engine that was suppose to be a 350 was a 327 that I got brings back the memories of the 67 chevy pu I had with the 327 so we will go that route agian. Thanks ed

#8 ·
F109 on the crank is the date of june 10th 1969, so if it is a 327, it`s a large journal. but it could also be a 350 shaft. I found no crank numbers of 8082, mortec and many other sites have the crank casting numbers as well, look around on your shaft and see if it has any other numbers. Yes on my before post I was using mortec for your example of the block casting numbers so you could find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.