Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Last Big Purchase for the New Shop
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Last Big Purchase for the New Shop

I have just ordered the last major purchase for the new shop. I must be going a bit crazy, but at 70 plus years young, I can afford to be that way. Ain't taking any thing with me when I check out and am leaving my son and two grandsons a well equipped shop that will last them their life times and I will enjoy it for as long as my health holds up. After doing a lot of research, looking at a multitude of displays and talking with several professional mechanics, I had narrowed my search for a 4 post lift to Bend Pak and Worth. I looked at 12,000 # capacity, 4 post and trolleys with air jacks. What swayed me to the Worth lift was the chain drive, vice cable of the Bend Pack, plus the trolleys on the Worth had a much better pulley system. The Worth was a Charlotte/Carlisle Show special that featured a $500 discount and $150 freight bill, which put it at the same total cost of the Bend Pack, which was about $500 cheaper than the Worth. It will be here in about 2 weeks and should not take more than a couple of days to set it up. I was originally thinking of a roll around installation, but consensus said I should anchor it in. Will core drill and epoxy 5/8 threaded rod into the concrete. The lift requires 230 volt, 30 amp circuit and since it has air jacks on the trolleys, an air line will be hung from the ceiling. It is stubbed up in the wall so it is a matter of running the hose that I have ready to go.

My bud and I replaced the transfer case in my Daughter-in -law's SUV Sat and I hope this is the last time I ever have to "woller around on the floor like a hog in mud" !!!!

Trees