Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Body - Exterior (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/body-exterior/)
-   -   Latest project (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/latest-project-228298.html)

swvalcon 01-12-2013 02:01 PM

Latest project

3 Attachment(s)
Just got in a 1934 dodge pickup to do. Truck was painted about 10 yrs ago and this is as far as it's gotten done in that time. Ower said only way it was going to get done was to pay someone to finish it. Should be a little bit of a puzzle but may be fun and getting paid by the hour.

deadbodyman 01-12-2013 04:46 PM

pretty cool project....when you gonna start takin it EZ???

MARTINSR 01-12-2013 04:54 PM

I love those trucks. I had a fellow student in highschool with one, always like them the front was so car looking unlike the Fords.

Brian

swvalcon 01-12-2013 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deadbodyman. Easy whats that. Right now with what I've got going and restoring my 64 hawk I'am booked soild to the frist of May.Along with this truck and my hawk I've got a 62 chev for a complete and a mid 70's olds to do. The truck a guy brought over from GreenBay, WI.About 6hrs. one way. At least this way I dont have time to get old or die to much work to do.

TucsonJay 01-20-2013 09:34 AM

Now you got my attention! A few decades ago (1968-69) I bought a slightly used '62 Biscayne 2-door. It was a red/red dual quad 409, with 3 on the tree and posi. I upgraded to a 4-speed, 4:11s, slicks, and a Z-11 cam. What a beast it was... and it stomped any muscle car I paired off with! Can you tell I miss it?

swvalcon 01-20-2013 09:48 AM

Sounds close Jay this one will be red on red and has a mild build 454 big block with a 400.

swvalcon 09-08-2013 03:44 PM

finished

2 Attachment(s)
Took a long time but it's done. Didn't plan on the wife's battle with breast cancer when I took this in. Things kind of got delayed as I was working on it and it had sat for ten years and been moved from here to there and some parts lost that I had to build from scratch. But it's now done and back at home in Green bay WI.

69 widetrack 09-08-2013 03:52 PM

Looks great, I'm always concerned when someone comes in with a project that they started and didn't or couldn't finish. I have some very strong rules when I take on something like that. Sorry to hear about your wife's battle...hope all is well.

Again, looks great.

Ray

TucsonJay 09-08-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swvalcon (Post 1746921)
Took a long time but it's done. Didn't plan on the wife's battle with breast cancer when I took this in. Things kind of got delayed as I was working on it and it had sat for ten years and been moved from here to there and some parts lost that I had to build from scratch. But it's now done and back at home in Green bay WI.

Lookin' good!!! Life has a way of throwing "speed bumps" in front of us... which sometimes slows down the work we want to do. I think of it as a "test of our persistence"! Looks like you have it too! :-)

Right now I am working at "saving" a badly deteriorated '34 Chevy Panel. Of course he wants it done in very dark colors. {:-( We are winning... but it sure takes lots of hours and achy muscles.

In a couple weeks or so I will be ready to paint the outside of the main body. The graphics theme is a "'30's gangster car". I'll post some pictures when it finally all comes together.

We'll need some closeups of your truck project too. :-)~