Laugh of the day...? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Old Rodder

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxllmm4
Haha poncho, I was thinking the same thing. I think it may be a con tho... Heres the real deal !!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Torna...QQcmdZViewItem

Just for good measure I think i'll throw one of these on TURBO MAGNETS ! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...QQcmdZViewItem

and finally I think I'm going to put a set of these on my open headers when I go to the track. http://www.spiralmax.com/tet.htm

I figure by the time i'm done I should be making about 600hp and getting 40-50 mpg
This idiot is right. In the ad it states "How long will it take before I see an improvement in my mileage?

You should notice a change almost immediately. " Yep you will notice a change of your wallet being $26.90 lighter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2006, 01:22 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

we used to tell folks at the gas station I worked as a kid that we had mickey thomson air for tires. This makes me want to charge up some canisters and see if I could get some bids on racing air in a can..... just unbelievable what one sees on EBUST. good catch, very funny. I do not feel sorry for the morons that buy this kind of stuff, cause they are after cheep horsepower and deserve to get the right value for their money. You known the saying if it is cheep or free it must be a good deal...... right? and a blower motor for 149.00 ........... pretty cheep, ah but not free..
Old 10-12-2006, 05:32 AM

Last journal entry: new pictures of T-bucket
Last photo:

laugh of the day

I buy parts for real(GMC) blowers on Ebay occasionaly,and find that there are literally hundreds of auctions for these "electronic" superchargers.They must be pretty popular with the ricers.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Chasing dreams with a ball bat

Last photo:

Just as a point of reference,

a close friend of mine works for Emerson electric motors and they are prototyping a bad little motor to be put into a electric "turbo" system (that's what they call it, although it's clearly a supercharger).

But it's only going on a very small 4 cyl. car. Can't remember which, and I said it's a proto. Don't know if it will ever make it into anything.

Assuming the electric motor and fan are capable of actualling creating some boost (I think the proto was supposed to do 2-4psi IIRC, don't know the flow at that pressure), it may work okay on a small motor - and look at the mechanical simplicity. No belts, fancy exhaust tubing, blah blah. Just ON and OFF.

Now all we need is an alternator (or two ) that will support that much current draw - course I guess it would only be on a small percentage of time (WOT).

That being said, that eBay version surely would be worth $5.00.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:53 PM

I bought one of the "Superchargers" once and took it to the dyno to prove a point a few years ago. I accually lost 5hp if I remember right. I will look for the video and post it up.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:43 PM

Last photo:

That hair dryer will probably restrict airflow at high rpms...

But, wasnt Mazda dumping serious money developing these type of turbos a few years ago?

I got this article via google on Rotarynews.com:

Car and Driver Magazine is reporting...RX-8 concept at the 2003 Tokyo Autoshow. The electric-motor-assist turbocharger is used to maximize the effectiveness of forced induction throughout the RPM range. At low engine speeds, beginning at approximately 1000 rpm, an electric motor operates to assist the turbocharger and increase induction efficiency. At high rpm, the turbocharger is driven in a traditional fashion, by the flow of exhaust gas alone.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:30 PM

Last photo:

Now that's a good idea ! If you can suck in .5% of the millions of morons out there you will be rollin in the doe ray mee . I think I'm going to go work on a turbine that sticks out of your hood and catches the air .Hmmmmm the faster you go the more CFMs it could be limitless ..... at 80 it could be spinning at 2000 cfms which would almost instantly shot you to 120 but then it would be spinning at 3000 cfms which would almost definetly shot you to 150 where would it stop .........I gotta get to work on this!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DOG
Now that's a good idea ! If you can suck in .5% of the millions of morons out there you will be rollin in the doe ray mee . I think I'm going to go work on a turbine that sticks out of your hood and catches the air .Hmmmmm the faster you go the more CFMs it could be limitless ..... at 80 it could be spinning at 2000 cfms which would almost instantly shot you to 120 but then it would be spinning at 3000 cfms which would almost definetly shot you to 150 where would it stop .........I gotta get to work on this!!!
I picture a modified attic ventilator.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:36 PM
ex biker, now hotrodder

ok what you do is run a hose off your ac vent and get cold air to your engine, but wait , buy in the next 5 min and get one free
Old 10-12-2006, 06:26 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
I picture a modified attic ventilator.
I never thought of that and most of the R@D is already done .Probably have to beef up the bearings as the wind rarely gets over 50 here.And if you put one on each side of the hood, for a few extra dollars you could have the twin attic ventilator horsepower adder. Limitless just limitless!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve t
ok what you do is run a hose off your ac vent and get cold air to your engine,

but wait , buy in the next 5 min and get one free...
BUT!...That's not ALL you get..Buy now for the Low , Low Price of $149.95...And For the Cost of S&H, We Will throw in the patented , front Hose and nozzle attatchment...AND the REAR leaf bagger attachment..

Yes, You Too can have that "Squeaky Clean lawn and driveway / walk , while waiting for your Car To warm up for work in the morning..BE THE ENVY of the BLOCK!!!

See our Testimonials..

Bubba from Hogslap Arkansas writes (or has someone do it fur him):

"We'uns added one to the Ole Pinto..and Wahoo!! Checked my Vacuum..And it's 55 pounds!!! Yassr..My Pinto really Sucks now!!!Thanks guys!"

BillyBob , Writes:

Surprise,Surprise, Surprize...Golly...I fitted me one up on my Vega, Just a week ago Tuesday, It was..Had a Full tank then..and By Gum..If it don't still have one...I'll let ya know the mileage when me and the boys get it started..

There you have it Folks..unsolicitaded testimony from ACTUAL users!

Operators (and I use the term in the broadest sense,) are standing by...

Doc
Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:

Quote:
Pickup: NO PICKUP. No exceptions.
What, is he afraid people might come kick his arse when his hokey crap fails to deliver?? And to think, people have said "I can feel the difference"! Wow, the power of suggestion!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Last photo:

Silly people!! Don't you know you can divert air from your smog pump at get way more boost than that?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

hmmmmmmm..........this gives me a great idea........if I attach a leaf blower to my aircleaner and cut a hole in my hood......then maybe hook another leaf blower to the first one to feed it more air.....hmmmm ideas ideas......
Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I Love VTec

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfulco
Silly people!! Don't you know you can divert air from your smog pump at get way more boost than that?
i have heard that gm smog pumps are good for 5psi on small engines, like a 5 horse briggs

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.