Hot Rod Forum banner

Lay down radiator

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jaxx22 
#1 ·
On the current build it would be good if I could move the radiator back and lay it down at about a 45 degree angle. Are there any known issues with doing this?? I am doing this to solve some clearance problems and keep the radiator under the hood and not have to stretch the hood forward which could get ugly in appearance..

Sam

#5 ·
Well back to the dwing bd.. the major malfunction is the steering box on the way so I reckon it will take a change to a rack and pinion to make more room for the radiatior.. Ain't rodding wonderful???

Sam

#6 ·
Can you move it to the rear of the car or something? I ran a rad up in the stock location with the motor between the seats. Ran pipe to carry the water up to it and back, can something like be done?

Brian

#8 ·
not knowing what you are working on.. but if the vehicle isn't a rod that the radiator is in a shell, and the whole works is out in the open.. laying it down won't matter as long as you seal off the area infront of the radiator to the grill.. this way the air has to go through the core.. as it can't go over it or around it.. basicly making ductwork
the newer cars like the c4 vet and fiero have the radiator lay down but reversed of what the 70's vet did.. this way the air is caught from the chin and forced up and through the core.. and a scoop can be added behind the core in the hood to let the air out of the engine area..

underhood by newenglandracefan@gmail.com, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.