Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lean mixture?
Thread: lean mixture?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm going to do some work tomorrow and try to advance timing, today i took of a spark plug, of the new set , engine ran for about 3 hours, there's a light black powder on ring and electrode even if it's not really "coated" with that because plugs are fairly new, i'll post picture tomorrow ,said that, engine did run pretty good generally speaking, i tried today to put a stock chip that i have instead the custom one Howell made for my TBI and engine runs just horrible, shakes, black smoke and was idleing at 200 rpm, the chip came from an ECM i got years ago from a junkyard so i'm not even sure if is ok, i was just curios to try.
A buddy of mine has an air/fuel mixture gauge, i need to put the sensor in the exhaust pipe e see how is the ratio, i think is a pretty good way to to see what's going on.
I'm looking for infos about TBI chip burners, i'd like to try reprogramming chip and find the best one, i have seen also new ECM without chip that you can tune up while the engine i running with the laptop and a specific software, any suggestion about them?
Thank you.