Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - leather or alcantara
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

leather or alcantara

I bought a car that had a cheap ebay steering wheel. The plastic covers have fallen off, the leather wrap is coming undone and the foam is crumbling onto my legs. I decided I need a better wheel if I am going to drive this car much. I wouldn't call it a DD but it isn't a show car or anything. I ride a bike most of the time and use this when the weather is bad and getting groceries.

I knew alot of people with Grant wheels in high school but most of the them had the foam come loose around the top of the wheel. My car has manual steering and I want a good secure feeling wheel. I am interested in a Momo wheel. It comes in both leather or alcantara. I kinda like the idea if the suede feel. It might not be some hot in the summer. I know the put in the interiors of high end cars so the question is. Will the alcantara hold up under semi-regular use on the steering wheel? I would hate to spend 180 bucks on a steering wheel that will turn to crap in a short while.