Leaving your car at an Upholstery shop?? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2003, 09:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Leaving your car at an Upholstery shop??

Years ago the upholstery shop I did business with was broke into and several cars were stolen. Ever since I have been reluctant to leave my hot rod over night at an upholstery shop. Was wondering what everyone else is doing when it comes time to have the upholstery done. Are you really leaving your car at someone elses shop for several days or a week while the upholstery work is being done? Your experience please.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2003, 04:21 PM

most people do that stuff themselves there are alot of kits out there for uphosltry like door panels, seats, headliners carpet etc....
Old 07-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

depending on what it is that is being done i imagine that upholstery shops would rather not have your vehicle sitting around for any period of time. one reason being their insurance premiums. door panels, seats, consoles can be taken in seperately to be done. headliners, carpets, etc, would probably be scheduled to be dropped off in one day or more than likely sets inside overnight in a secured area. most businesses have alarm systems, dogs, or whatever to keep your stuff secure and their premiums down.

kevin
Old 07-29-2003, 04:59 PM

The upholserer that did my '57 150 sedan is the same guy who does most of Troy Trepanier's mega bucks project cars. He has his shop behind his home and does only one car at a time. He's a one man operation. He doesn't allow anyone to come into the shop and hang around, except for the owner of the car he's working on. He keeps his doors closed/locked to prevent neighbors from dropping in and to keep his a/c bills down in the AZ summers. His home owners insurance would've covered any loss on my car while it was there for 4 weeks. My previous '55 210 sedan took over 6 weeks. It's like leaving your baby alone for the first time...
Old 07-29-2003, 09:10 PM

Last photo:

Hey hotwheels 55...how about some pics of the work you had done..and if you dont mind..whats a job by a trepanier level guy cost??
Old 07-29-2003, 11:01 PM

http://myweb.cableone.net/rottie3054/

Above is my website, regarding cost...I have an agreement with Kip Kuiper that I won't talk about his prices. This is the second car he's done for me and I think the cost was justified in the finished product. The cost included a complete custom interior from scratch in high grade ultra leather material and finish the trunk.
I watched the progress of the car and it is alot of work involved. I know I could have gotten a tweed interior for alot less money, but this is just what I envisioned for the car and he created exactly what I wanted.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:23 PM
First name...............Shawn

Last photo:

For a quality custom interior, your going to need to leave the car at the shop for at least a couple weeks. We generally have a customers car for a month.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:13 PM

leaving car at upholstery shop

I have been doing upholstery for close to thirty years. I do all that I can without having car there. ( seats, door panels if possible, etc. ) then i call them and have them bring it in to finish. The thing that is good, is it's at my home so I'm always around. Sometimes just need car there so you can get the right fit.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.