Hot Rod Forum banner

LED indicators

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  wstory 
#1 ·
where can I buy small, like .25" dia., chrome trimed LED indicator lights for my instrument panel. I've hit several suppliers and found larger ones or smaller w/o the bright trim. Any leads appreciated.

#2 ·
wstory said:
where can I buy small, like .25" dia., chrome trimed LED indicator lights for my instrument panel. I've hit several suppliers and found larger ones or smaller w/o the bright trim. Any leads appreciated.

Doc here, :pimp:

Have you tried a google search using your parameters?

Doc :pimp:

#4 ·
I can't find Doc's earlier post(3-4 mos ago), but don't you need to control voltage, ie, make sure that you limit it to the rated voltage - probably 12V and possibly add a diode? My taillights look like they are already set up that way. I'm going to be using some LED's in my dash and from the looks of them, they are just common aftermarket 12 volt pieces from Yogi's or Yearwood or similar hot rod supplier.

Dave

#8 ·
If you go to a rodder specific supplier you are going to pay 5 to 10 times what an electronics supplier will want. Digikey, Mouser, and allied Electronics all have vast supplies of all kinds of LED's. They even have 12volt 1/4" panel mount with chrome bezels. I used them in the dash of my 34 and I paid about $2 to $3 each. Attached is a picture of but one style of panel mount LED with a chrome bezel.

Vince

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.