legal advice needed - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 10:07 AM
speed secret: drive fast!!!!!!

Wiki Edits: 0

legal advice needed

alright this is a long story so bare with me. my girlfriend (mustangbabe) is having problems with her gaurdian.(grandma). she dosnt live with her mom because she barely makes enough money to support herself let alone her teenage daughter. her dad dosnt want her to live with her. he favors her wife over her own blood daughter and she always gets in fights with her step witch. well her grandma is a very strict morman and she will only accept A's and nothing else. she will not let her do nothing ect. the point it both of us are getting tired of her and the worst thing is that the grandma is abusive. she will actualy hit her with anger. and personaly i dont want that to happen to her. well we discussed this with my parents and my dad wants to get legal gaurdianship of my girlfriend. we thought of amansapation. she would disown her parents and gaurdian and she could move out before 18 as long as she a place to go and a source of income. well to do this we have to have both parents and gaurdians written concent. well we may not be able to get that. so the other way it with a probable cause. well she has a mentaly and physicaly abusive gaurdian. movin back in is her uncle who is mentally ill who has multi personalities and ect. and in order for him to live in the same house no one under the age of 18 is to live there. and her uncle has also threatened to kill her, wrap her ect. so is there any easier ways of doing things. this all seams so confusing to me. the grandma has legal gaurdianship of her but i think the paper work is out of date. is there anybody in the legal fields that could help me or have dealed with this kind of situation before. thank u all in advance

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Not trying to sound like an *** here...but if your situation is that severe, and nothing can be possibly worked out....call a lawyer, they seem to know best about legal advice.
I know it may seem like the end in the situation that you/her are in but wait until you ARE on your own...it doesn't get any easier.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 03-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Time is wasting! Get an Attorney now!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:27 AM

my dad will talk to his atorny about this i just wanted to know if any of you knew any thing that could help. and your input
Old 03-08-2004, 11:03 AM

Last photo:

The only situation I've come close to dealing with was my sister-in-law's brother who can't keep a job because he claims that 'his boss's all have an attitude that he doesn't get along with.' We figured out on our own that it wasn't his boss's attitude that was the problem, it was his.

I'm having a hard time believing that a grandma could 'hit' a grand-daughter. Not to mention an uncle that wants to kill AND 'rape' her? (unless she's a burrito, I'm guessing you meant 'rape' and not 'wrap')

Are you sure you're not exaggerating just a little?

By the way, please use spellcheck so we don't have to decipher your babble into common English language next time.

MoocH
Old 03-08-2004, 11:38 AM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

She has a mental case for an uncle that wants to kill her and a mental case for a grandma that's physically and mentally abusive. Not exactly the best breeding stock if you ask me, are you planning on having children?

I would run.....and run fast as I could to get away from those people before something drastic happens.

I'd like to hear granny's side of the story.......
Old 03-08-2004, 01:05 PM
"Ahh, Devil Ether."

Alright.

Mustangman is probably my best friend and I just wanted to say that he's not exaggerating, the dude's telling the truth. He may not be able to spell worth a damn, But he is'nt lying.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:21 PM

i am not exagerating i mean it ill have mustang babe go on and tell ya whats going on. the uncle has a lot of things going wrong and the grandma is somed up in two words. [****** *****]

--edited by BBB due to language

Last edited by BigBlockBabe; 03-09-2004 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:25 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Old 03-08-2004, 01:53 PM

OK i have lived with my gma for two years now. i have had nothing but problems since i moved in. the reason i moved in was because my dad beat me and didn't want me he would rather have his wife than me. thats fine. my mom cant take care of me for financial reasons. my gma is both physically and mentally abusive. when i moved in my uncle who is mentally handicap was living there. when i was 14 he raped me. i told my gma but she didn't believe me. so i let it go. after that he made threats to kill me. i was so scared so i called the police and they took him for 72 hours. then they brought him back and he did the same thing. my gma kept letting him come back knowing he wasn't allowed to be around anyone under the age of 18. he has been in jail for 6 months now and will be getting out soon. i don't believe that this is a safe environment for me. my gma has legal custody of me and i don't want to be there any more. my mom wont help and neither will my dad. so i was considering emancipation. i really need some advise if any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated. i want to get out as soon as possible
Old 03-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Use the School guidance counselor to begin getting the girl help and out of that situation. Why do you think it will be a problem getting the parents to sign off? She may have to go to children's services and petition for temporary housing out of her Grand-maws house but the abuse is not documented and the actuation's may get her put in foster care if she's not careful. How old are you both? Are you and she getting decent grades? Will she accept your parents and abide by their wishes? And I agree this girl may have troubles of her own to deal with given the family history and current situation. Good Luck, I will pray for you both, that will help more than anything I can say.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:05 PM

well for the physical abuse we got a witness. one time she shoved her into a sliding glass window and but a gash in her head and got stitchs and had to tell everyone she fell skating. im 16 and she is 15. she has excellent grades and mine ..........lets not go there
Old 03-08-2004, 02:16 PM

Last photo:

By now, you should already have a restraining order on your uncle, that's just F'ed up and sick.

As for the abuse, you need to call the cops WHEN IT HAPPENS. Sorry to say, but a cop and a judge will be more inclined to take action if they see bruises on you. Anything else is your story against hers and she'll get nothing more than a dirty look from the law.

Go to Social Services and talk to someone. Your guidance councilor can get you an appointment and settled in with one.

If you want anything to change, you need to talk to the right people to make things happen.

MoocH
Old 03-09-2004, 09:37 AM

were gonna call the courthouse for the paperwork and gonna get a heering about this. i hope everything turns out fine
Old 03-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Custer had it Comin'!!!

Last photo:

Too much drama kids! The girl can and should get out. NOW! I don't know what state you're talking about, then you have counties and such to deal with. This is what you should do first thing: Call "First Call for Help". Its listed in the white pages or yellow pages. They can guide you to local resources. All the girlfreind has to do is show up at a woman's abuse shelter and explain the situation, and they'll let her stay until you guys work out the details. They also can provide the girl with training schooling and other resources that will help her get away from the abuse.

I know how these places work because I've delivered food to them, and I did a research project in college that gave me some first-hand experience. The locations of the safe houses are different from where there offices are. Here in Cleveland, they have a organization called "Templum House" and it runs several safe houses. This is the thing to do now so you don't end up making yourself dead or seriously injured. A woman's abuse shelter (they used to call them "battered women's shelters") will be able to help you right NOW, and they work with the VICTIM and not with the county welfare system, so you are protected the day you go in and you don't have to stand in line and wait days for help.

And yes this situation sounds serious. While I was doing the research project, one of the ladies from the shelter made the mistake of contacting her husband. On her way to meet him, he staked her out and killed her...an easy thing to do in the streets here in Cleveland. She had a restraining order and all that, but she thought "he will change." Don't make that mistake. Get gone NOW.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.