legalization of marijuana - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: should Marijuana be legal?
Yes 38 57.58%
No 28 42.42%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 04:14 PM
40fordtruck_son's Avatar
Let the wheels of life roll on
 

Last journal entry: donor truck for hot rod hellion
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: preston, Idaho
Age: 25
Posts: 77
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
legalization of marijuana

now lets have a civil conversation, no name calling, no outbreaks.

what is your opinion about legalizing marijuana?

in my opinion, marijuana (if it isn't abused) is less harmful than alchohol and tobacco. needless to say i am for leagalizing it. but not because its a teenage rebellion thing.

is it harmful? if abused it is, but if not abused, it is natural. no additives like cigarettes. just grown, dried, then smoked (as far as i know, but i dont know it all)

now remeber, think about your post before hand, try to keep it civil, and curteous. lets try to not get this dumped.

    Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 06:24 PM
fourbyfourblazer's Avatar
Chopper Builder o<>\o
 

Last journal entry: Dash Removal
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Arleta, Ca.
Age: 45
Posts: 172
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 06:26 PM
crazy larry's Avatar
Member
 

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: East Texas
Age: 43
Posts: 2,298
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'ere.
Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Restore60s's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kentucky
Age: 55
Posts: 291
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Making it legal

Well I'm not for it. It still has long term use effect on brain cells even used in moderation. So does alcohol. I won't go into my job but I see the effects of narcotics and alcohol quite often. I 've pulled a lot of bodies out of the water from substance abuse or drinking. I just don't think there is a moderate use formula. If you are using marijuana a few times a day then you are functioning on an altered mind. Best bet is to stay clean. Don't become a moderate user that leads to bigger things and waste your life. Your to young.-----Just my opinion----------
Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 06:46 PM
NAIRB's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: cimarron, ks
Posts: 1,658
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: legalization of marijuana

Quote:
Originally posted by 40fordtruck_son
now lets have a civil conversation, no name calling, no outbreaks.

what is your opinion about legalizing marijuana?

in my opinion, marijuana (if it isn't abused) is less harmful than alchohol and tobacco. needless to say i am for leagalizing it. but not because its a teenage rebellion thing.

is it harmful? if abused it is, but if not abused, it is natural. no additives like cigarettes. just grown, dried, then smoked (as far as i know, but i dont know it all)

now remeber, think about your post before hand, try to keep it civil, and curteous. lets try to not get this dumped.

Before you make a decision about marijuana being harmless, you should consider the fact that you haven't been around long enough to see some of your friends live's become ruined from drug use, or come to an untimely end. Maybe you have a friend or two that are potheads. You probably don't think too much of it right now.

Right now, at 15 years of age, you live at home. If you have some pothead friends that are your own age, they live at home.

One of the most common effects of marijuana use, is that the users have no ambition.

Watch and see what happens to a pothead that is, let's say, 25 years old. Most of them can't survive on their own. There is an ENTIRE world of problems that come from lack of ambition. A few of these items are:

POVERTY
IGNORANCE
POOR CREDIT
VAGRANCY
SOCIALLY WITHDRAWN
CRIMINAL ACTIVITY


These are just a few traits of someone strung out on drugs. Life is tough enough with all of your facultys in tact. I suggest that you run as far as you can from the very appearance of dope and booze. You seem like an intelligent young man.

An intelligent person learns from other's mistakes.

An average person will learn from their own mistakes.

A fool will fail to learn at all.

Who do you want to be?
Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Crosley's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ... USA
Posts: 8,060
Wiki Edits: 1659

Thanks: 316
Thanked 97 Times in 94 Posts
Cool

A couple of my buddies I grew up with started smoking pot in high school.

2 years later they were dead from an over-dose of heroin and I can safely say I never tried any drugs after that.

oh, they died in 1970
__________________
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Rhansen's Avatar
Footbraker
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Age: 45
Posts: 584
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I think it should be legalized and taxed. Why waste money on the "war on drugs" while the dealers line thier pockets? The people that do drugs are going to find what they want whether it is legal or not.
Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 07:24 PM
NAIRB's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: cimarron, ks
Posts: 1,658
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think the war on drugs is a farce too, but I don't want to condone the use of drugs. They are dangerous, and I have never, and I mean never seen any positive results come from alcohol or drug use. It always ends up with a sad story.

Medical marijuana for the terminally ill, etc is a different issue and should be allowed.

Recreational use is a different issue. I always kind of thought it should be legalized, but would the use of pot become as widespread as alcohol use? , particularly amongst our young folks. How many more lives would it cost in the long run to legalize it?
Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 08:21 PM
z3pr's Avatar
A legend in my own mind
 

Last journal entry: 78 El Camino
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Just west of Rapid City, SD.
Age: 47
Posts: 63
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In my personal opinion, all drugs should be legal with the same restrictions as Alcohol. This country has wasted billions upon billions on the war on drugs. Our court systems are spending more and more every year. Our jails and prisons are majorly over crowded because of drug offenders. Make it legal, and tax it. Being illegal hasn't stopped people from using dope, might as well tax it and make money off it. I see no difference between any illegal drug and alcohol
Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 08:30 PM
akm akm is offline
Member
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 431
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
i agree completely with NAIRB.

i post stories sometimes of my past drug use, just because for some reason i thought of it that day, but i really wish that some kid will read it someday and think about just how much it screwed up my life.

a little back ground.....
i started smoking weed at the age of 13.
i had a lot of mental issues that made me very depressed and thought that i was "cool" because i smoked weed.
not long after that, i felt the need for a different high.
one day my brother offered me some cocaine, i tried it and was instantly hooked. i started selling it just to support my own habit. i did it every single day for an entire month (large quantities). i started losing what little of the good friends that i had and was noticing that i was starting to get in deep with the crap, so i just up and quit one day.
after a while of feeling the loss of the coke high that i loved so much, i started exploring other drugs.
one day i was introduced to acid (LSD).
and i absolutely LOVED IT. i did it every single chance i got (got it for free). i actually got to where i could, not sleep for two days straight, and when i did sleep, it was only for a couple of hours before dropping yet another 9 hits, and was completely fine with that.
one day i was in someone's garage that i didn't even know, smoking a huge cigar, laughing so hard that i couldn't even pull my face out of the smile that it was in, when i realized that i was never going to be "normal' again. i sat there thinking that i was going to die because i was so far gone from reality that i thought that i could never come back. this scared me. it scared me so much that i stopped that night and prayed to god that i please return to normal. that prayer has still been un- answered.
so i was "clean" for a while after that. only smoked weed and drank more vodka then anyone that i've ever seen, but i started having that feeling again of wanting something more. when i discovered Ecstasy.
Ecstasy was absolutely wonderful.
i got it for free from a friend so i was taking it every night. the feeling i got from it was so amazing that while i was on it, i didn't ever want to be sober. but like everything, it also had terrible side effects.
while on it, you grind you teeth extremely hard. that is why you see all of these rave kids with pacifiers in their mouth at clubs.
one night i was rollin' on 5 tabs and noticed a tingle in my jaw (you can't feel pain). as i started to come down off of it, my jaw felt like it was on fire. i could hardly eat anything for about the next two weeks, and even when i would move it just to say something, the pain was almost unbearable. so i quit that crap too.

i was at work one day and my boss asked me to cut some tubing. as i walked over to the chop saw i had already forgot what the hell i was supposed to do. i ended up walking back and forth 4 times before i actually got the job done. he told me after work that if it happened again, i was fired.
thinking about it, i knew that it was all of the grass that i smoke clouding the brain, so that day, i quit smoking that crap too.

to this day, i've NEVER had that feeling of ever needing anything "more" again.
this may sound like i'm blaming my actions on the weed, but i'm not. i take full responsibility for my actions, but i do believe that weed played a big part.
one other thing that you must take into consideration is that i'm a very strong willed person. i know a lot of people that can't just simply quit like i did. like my brother; he can't leave the damn coke alone. he has damn near destroyed his entire life because of it (i've told the stories).

so what have i really gotten out of all of this?
sure i have some pretty cool stories to re-minis about with my old friends and sure i had fun when i was growing up, but how about we take a look at the negatives..........
my jaw still hurts to this day....
i have not much more than an 8th grade education....
everything that i look at has white lines around it and i constantly have flash backs and see tracers with every movement; and because of this i have to read everything 3 or 4 times just to understand it because the letters jump and move around....
i shake constantly; its gets real bad when i'm working on something small like wiring....
mentally i'm very screwed up; i think and dream things every night that i won't tell anyone about, out of fear that i'll end up in a crazy hospital, and that is just a small taste of the whole truth....
i lost many many good friends because of it....
and the list can go on all night if i wanted to continue typing it.

i voted that it be legalized, but after remembering all of this, i think i'm going to have to change my vote.

hopefully this helps someone.
do yourself a favor and learn from my mistakes.

late' Aaron
Quick reply to this message
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Grumpy
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: D.C.
Posts: 1,447
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Make it legal! I mean, wth is wrong with it? Give me a "REAL" medical reason of why it is wrong, and then compare it to alcohol.

thats what I thought.
Quick reply to this message
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Rhansen's Avatar
Footbraker
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Age: 45
Posts: 584
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
IMO the "legal" drug (alchohol) is MORE harmful than marijuana - maybe we should outlaw alchohol.

Quote:
Originally posted by akm
i take full responsibility for my actions
late' Aaron
There's a lot of people that will never do that .

Last edited by Rhansen; 09-25-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 09:57 PM
z3pr's Avatar
A legend in my own mind
 

Last journal entry: 78 El Camino
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Just west of Rapid City, SD.
Age: 47
Posts: 63
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by akm
i agree completely with NAIRB.

i post stories sometimes of my past drug use, just because for some reason i thought of it that day, but i really wish that some kid will read it someday and think about just how much it screwed up my life.

a little back ground.....
i started smoking weed at the age of 13.
i had a lot of mental issues that made me very depressed and thought that i was "cool" because i smoked weed.
not long after that, i felt the need for a different high.
one day my brother offered me some cocaine, i tried it and was instantly hooked. i started selling it just to support my own habit. i did it every single day for an entire month (large quantities). i started losing what little of the good friends that i had and was noticing that i was starting to get in deep with the crap, so i just up and quit one day.
after a while of feeling the loss of the coke high that i loved so much, i started exploring other drugs.
one day i was introduced to acid (LSD).
and i absolutely LOVED IT. i did it every single chance i got (got it for free). i actually got to where i could, not sleep for two days straight, and when i did sleep, it was only for a couple of hours before dropping yet another 9 hits, and was completely fine with that.
one day i was in someone's garage that i didn't even know, smoking a huge cigar, laughing so hard that i couldn't even pull my face out of the smile that it was in, when i realized that i was never going to be "normal' again. i sat there thinking that i was going to die because i was so far gone from reality that i thought that i could never come back. this scared me. it scared me so much that i stopped that night and prayed to god that i please return to normal. that prayer has still been un- answered.
so i was "clean" for a while after that. only smoked weed and drank more vodka then anyone that i've ever seen, but i started having that feeling again of wanting something more. when i discovered Ecstasy.
Ecstasy was absolutely wonderful.
i got it for free from a friend so i was taking it every night. the feeling i got from it was so amazing that while i was on it, i didn't ever want to be sober. but like everything, it also had terrible side effects.
while on it, you grind you teeth extremely hard. that is why you see all of these rave kids with pacifiers in their mouth at clubs.
one night i was rollin' on 5 tabs and noticed a tingle in my jaw (you can't feel pain). as i started to come down off of it, my jaw felt like it was on fire. i could hardly eat anything for about the next two weeks, and even when i would move it just to say something, the pain was almost unbearable. so i quit that crap too.

i was at work one day and my boss asked me to cut some tubing. as i walked over to the chop saw i had already forgot what the hell i was supposed to do. i ended up walking back and forth 4 times before i actually got the job done. he told me after work that if it happened again, i was fired.
thinking about it, i knew that it was all of the grass that i smoke clouding the brain, so that day, i quit smoking that crap too.

to this day, i've NEVER had that feeling of ever needing anything "more" again.
this may sound like i'm blaming my actions on the weed, but i'm not. i take full responsibility for my actions, but i do believe that weed played a big part.
one other thing that you must take into consideration is that i'm a very strong willed person. i know a lot of people that can't just simply quit like i did. like my brother; he can't leave the damn coke alone. he has damn near destroyed his entire life because of it (i've told the stories).

so what have i really gotten out of all of this?
sure i have some pretty cool stories to re-minis about with my old friends and sure i had fun when i was growing up, but how about we take a look at the negatives..........
my jaw still hurts to this day....
i have not much more than an 8th grade education....
everything that i look at has white lines around it and i constantly have flash backs and see tracers with every movement; and because of this i have to read everything 3 or 4 times just to understand it because the letters jump and move around....
i shake constantly; its gets real bad when i'm working on something small like wiring....
mentally i'm very screwed up; i think and dream things every night that i won't tell anyone about, out of fear that i'll end up in a crazy hospital, and that is just a small taste of the whole truth....
i lost many many good friends because of it....
and the list can go on all night if i wanted to continue typing it.

i voted that it be legalized, but after remembering all of this, i think i'm going to have to change my vote.

hopefully this helps someone.
do yourself a favor and learn from my mistakes.

late' Aaron
I've done a lot of dope in my life too. I was a big time crank user/dealer for many years. I don't mess with dope anymore, but I still stand by my other post in this thread.
Quick reply to this message
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Nightfire's Avatar
Young & Idealistic
 
Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Posts: 1,192
Wiki Edits: 4

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how man accidents we have related to alcohol a year?
how many accidents will add to that number related to dope?

if you legalize it people will abuse it, if people abuse it it'll get un-legalized again.




Mike
Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2004, 11:50 PM
z3pr's Avatar
A legend in my own mind
 

Last journal entry: 78 El Camino
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Just west of Rapid City, SD.
Age: 47
Posts: 63
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightfire
how man accidents we have related to alcohol a year?
how many accidents will add to that number related to dope?

if you legalize it people will abuse it, if people abuse it it'll get un-legalized again.




Mike
Well, you do know Alcohol was illegal at one time. It's been abused big time and it's still legal.
Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.