Hot Rod Forum banner

Lets See those Trucks

4K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  binder47 
#1 ·
I really really want to buy an old truck and make it kind of "hotrod" looking. I'd like to see everyone's trucks and see what kind of cool custom looks there are.

Post pics. Year/model/make

#2 ·
here's the link to my pics in the gallery. I bought this 1953 International L110 by accident off E-bay. It was the second time it had been listed so I thought I would help the guy out by opening up the bidding :pain: ,no one else bid on it! So I ended up buying it for $70., then I had to go get it which cost me another $500., I didn't put the pics up but the truck I used to go get it cost me $500. 1984 Dodge D250 4X4with 80K miles, and 5 new AT tires! :D . I don't have a plan for it yet but my buddy has a 70s T bird with out a title what we have discussed is pulling the T bird body off the frame and putting the L110 body on it.
http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=29471

#8 ·
ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
wow, that is a nice nice body. restore it for a nice parts chaser. how complete is it?
I am assuming you are asking me. Body wise it is pretty complete and has very few dents,which is amazing when you consider it was owned by an excavation company. Truck was last registered in Co. in 1963. The windshield was taken out, the rest of the glass was broken out. I believe the windshield and other pieces that are missing, gearshift lever,air cleaner, outside door handles, radiator were taken out and used on their tank truck of the same era. this is probably going to be my long distance pick up a trip to Alb. is a 75 mile one way run, so I want something that rides a little better that is why we are looking at using the running gear out of the T bird.
Right now I am pick up poor, I have sitting in the yard the following
1953 international
1964 F100 this was my ride in High school awaiting rebuild
1968 F250 Camper special with tow package which means it has a 1 ton disk brake front end. This one was my truck when I was working for a company that sent me allover the USit has been from Ca. to Fl. either carring my 8 foot cab over I lived in for two years or dragging my 26 ft travel trailer. It is parked right now because the rag joint failed.
1978 F250 4X4 Dana 60s F/R
1984 D250 4X4 $500.
1984 F350 Crew cab dually 4X4 soon to be dedicated tow truck
1991 D150 Service truck 295K miles on original motor. This is the one that supports my addiction to motor vehicles
Last but not least
My Jeep Hy bred 1976 Cherokee frame,360,T18,2.5 inch lift,with J20 pickup cab and Diffs, Scout twin stick Dana 20, M715 front fenders,Allis Chalmers rear fenders,propane powered on 37X12.5X16.5 Hummv tires on Ford wheels, with ford 1 ton lug nuts.

#14 ·
Nightfire said:
Hey Malc you da man!!!! Thanks a lot, printed it out and putting it in my garage :thumbup:

Mike
What is the truck in your avatar?

I love the 38 and 39 ford trucks, But they are so freaking rare. I would sell my kidney for one.

Heres a pic of a truck that i really liked. What is it? why does it look so different?

#19 ·
stepside454 said:
heres my wreck...have added a 3.5" cowl hood since this pic & hope to have fresh paint on it by spring. John
I like the flareside. What year is it? Whats the gas mileage?
....................................................................................................

Im starting to like the mid 50's era Chevy trucks.
When did the extended cab come out?

#21 ·
Riot Racing said:
I like the flareside. What year is it? Whats the gas mileage?
....................................................................................................

Im starting to like the mid 50's era Chevy trucks.
When did the extended cab come out?
75 GMC shortbed stepside. gas mileage ? whats that ? LOL OK 9.7 is about all it musters with a 454 & 3.73s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.