Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Letting my son drive the Gran Sport.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Letting my son drive the Gran Sport.

I had such a ball today, I was going to get something done out in the garage but the sun was shining and I asked my 15 year old if he wanted to go over to the Highschool and drive the Gran Sport, oh yes he did. Mind you, he is a teen ager x100 he is a loner and says no to just about anything like this so I was thrilled to get him out there. We drove around the parking lot for three and a half hours! It is such good time we talk about everything and it is great father son time, unlike I can EVER get out of him. He first complained a little how it's an automatic. He just couldn't understand why anyone would have bought an automatic car like this. He said "Automatics should be only for woman". LOLOL But after a while he was digging how it handled and he was using the speed bumps as pylons and running a figure 8 around them hanging the corners pretty hot. There wasn't a car in the lot at that time so don't get upset at me. He was REALLY digging the way this car handles, it stays FLAT it really does. And by the end he said "Why did they ever make any other car"? Like this is the car of cars, funny stuff.

Brian