Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Letting my son drive the Gran Sport.
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsaengine View Post
Very cool Brian. I too took all three of mine to the high school lot for their first time. We were trying to teach my oldest son the wonders of a clutch in my Wife's Corvette. Out of the three, he was the only one who "wanted" to learn a stick. Sadly he was (and still is at the age of 30) terrible at driving a clutch car. The other two (20 and 24) could care less about sticks, neither have been behind the wheel of my wife's car and don't want too
When he asked to learn to drive he brought up the clutch thing and I told him we can do it in his mom's van so he doesn't have to worry about it and he said no he wanted to learn the manual transmission. So the very first time he ever moved a car it was my Rambler over in the school parking lot. This photo was from that night.

I may have told you guys this pretty funny story during those days back a few months ago. But how many of us, any of us, at any age let alone a guy who learned to drive in 2012 can say he learned how to drive in a Rambler, and not only a Rambler but while he was learning he had to yield to a marching band? LOL, My son will be able to say that the rest of his life. We were going around his school parking lot and he had to yield to the marching band who was practicing there too. I tried to get a photo but it was just too dark out.

Brian