Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Letting my son drive the Gran Sport.
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Growing up in the 50's,, I think I was around 13 or so,, my dad owned a Chev/Oldsmobile dealership,, he had a old 46 chev sedan ( at that time it wasn't really old , 8 y/o)that he had brought home to keep for himself,, we lived on a dead end road, that had a huge field at the end of it,,he hardly ever drove the car,, so after school one day ,my buddy and I decided to take it for a spin, back in those days everything was stick shift, I got the thing started and down the road we went, got to the end, and the brakes weren't working too good ( of course I was going too fast ,and I went through the fence, trying to turn around ,, I got stuck in mud,, down to the axles,, I knew I was in deep do-do , so we had to get it out someway, so we went to my uncles farm. and took my uncles farm tractor and hooked a chain up to the front bumper,, first yank , off came the bumper,, (so then we hooked up to something under the car, I think it was the A-Arm ( its been a few years) anyway we finally got the car out of the field, less the bumper. and a few dents and gouges,,
Dragged it back home and washed and cleaned it up as good as we could, we had to park it back in the same spot, or he would notice it being moved, but we had to put it facing the opposite direction because, the thing wouldn't go in reverse.. that was better anyway cause that way the missing front bumper didn't show,
it took about a week for him to notice how it was parked , and when he did ,, I could hear him hollering for a mile,
needless to say, my a z z was burning for a LONG time,, I hated that car after that,, and never cared for the 46 chevs either