Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Leveling a car...
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I don't have the luxury of a frame machine or even a lift, and back problems limit what I can do compared to a "normal" person. I figured my garage floor slab is pretty flat, so I can reference all my dimensions from that. My problem was finding a "known straight part of the car" to actually put a level on from front to back. The frame rail, lower rocker, window sill, trunk floor, floor pan, etc are all at different "inclinations". I ended up using the door sill as it seems to be the best compromise between all the other points I've tried. Since my stands are under these torque boxes, I think I'll measure the heights of the stands just to see how close they are. BTW, that rotisserie was built by a mechanical engineer. I got it for $300 after he finished using it. The smallest material used is 1/4" and the connecting tubes are 1 1/2" pipe (I had to lengthen them with some 1" pipe inserts). Much better than using a pair of HF engine stands as I've seen some on here do...

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P0001706.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	71862   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0001760.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	71863   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0001759.jpg