Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - levels of zinc in valvoline racine oil?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 07:47 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreruption
im just having a hard time finding a good oil to use in my early motors with flat tappet cams mainly because most auto stores dont carry a big variety of oils other than pennzoil,castrol and valvoline and I just came out with specials at my store that include valvoline racing oil

This subject has been and will be discussed to death because of the oil companies trying to meet guidelines put forth by the EPA.

The general concensis, kinda sorta, is that if you have used the break in lube/paste/goo that was provided by the cam manufacturer and the breakin has gone well, PROVIDING you are not running monstrous spring pressures, todays oils will be fine for flat tappet engines.
This is also discussed in length at http://www.bobistheoilguy.com
It's a great site worth spending some time at.

I just scored 3 cases of Shell 20-50 for .49 a quart after rebate from Checker/Schucks/Kragen/Murry. Great deal for me anyway as my 3 Chevies do just fine on it. In case you are interested, the deal is on for a couple more days.

Mark