Hot Rod Forum banner

Lexan Window Kits

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Metal Twister 
#1 · (Edited)
Lexan Window Kit Installation Question

I have an 89 S10 truck that is destined for the track. I have already removed the windshield. The truck has lexan in the rear window but the guy I bought it from just used pan head screws and nuts to install it. I am looking for something a little "cleaner & nicer looking". I need to install a Lexan windshield & possible Lexan on the doors but was wanting to know what it the best and neatest way to install it. I was thinking aluminum rivets or Dzus fasteners. Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks

#2 ·
lexan is just a fancy name for polycarbonite plastic. The cool thing about it is how easy it is to work with. Its drillable, bendable, and what ever. Why dont you use the stock window rubber? I use it in my rock crawlers and use dzus tabs and buttons. It makes for a clean, easy to remove application. Be sure to use warm water to clean with, it scratches real easy and spider webs very fast if not careful. Good luck :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.