Life on the Road.... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Life on the Road....

I think I have asked this before, but how many of you have to travel for a living? I am in a hotel in Tulsa, OK tonight and a little bored and depressed. What do you guys do to keep your head up when you are out on your own with work? Sometimes it just gets hard being out away from home constantly...

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2003, 08:56 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Wiki Edits: 0

Hmmmmmm, get a hooker? Wait, get drunk....no no I got it, get drunk with a hooker!

Actually, the thing that worked for me was to have a few snorts off the bottle. Then watch an old black and white movie or late night infomercials.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:36 PM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:

Sounds about right.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Be American, Buy American!

Take your wife with you.

Al
Old 08-27-2003, 11:43 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

When I travel I barely have a chance to make it to the hotel under my own power. Once I'm inside I pass out from exhaustion. Or if I have time I have much writing to do!
Bring a guitar.....or take up writing....or try some reading....
Old 08-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:

Hey BstMch, does getting drunk with a stripper count? Kindof makes for a rough next day, though.

Dont think I would want the wife along even if she did not work and could come. I think it would get difficult after a short time of being together 24 hours a day seven days a week.

I usually surf the net and this site to bide my time, but sometimes I just dont feel like doing anything but going home.

Getting drunk usually works to ease this, but damned the next day can be such a bear. Especially if it is a 12 or 14 hour work day......

I am home now, so perspective is better for now.......

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-29-2003, 09:15 AM
American Madd Man

Last photo:

I bring a bottle and a guitar always and most of the time, I have graff paper to draw out any project ideas I may be thinking on. After a week in any hotel, gets to be a bit of a drag.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Madd Syntst
After a week in any hotel, gets to be a bit of a drag.
Yep, luckily I get to go home for a couple days on the weekend. I have been living out of hotels in the week for 3 1/2 years now. It can get very old even at only 3 or 4 nights at a time. I used to stay in one place longer so I could get a groove for the days I was away from home. Now I am staying no more than 2 or three weeks in one town. It is hard to even find the best bar to sit alone and drink in...

Chris
Old 08-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

I work offshore on an oil rig 14 days on the rig and 14 days at home I've been doing it for going on 17 years. A couple of the things that I've worked out with my wife is don't start counting the days until I'm going to come home until you can count them on 1 hand, it gets depressing to have her tell me the day after I get to work that I only have 13 days left. It's hard when I'm pulling out of the drive way and I see her standing there crying. She has stopped that too.

Some people on this board might think that I'm lying about this, but when I have trouble getting to sleep, or can't get home off of my mind, I close my eyes & think of what I can do with my project, think about what my next project will be or I lay there and imagine that I'm riding my Harley down some nice country roads. I know I'm a 34 year old man that has all these imaginations, but it helps me get through all of the time that I spend away from home.

When it gets really bad, I get outta bed grab a Summit or Jegs catalog - Log onto a computer at work and spend some money. That really works because then I'm broke and know that I have to stay at work to pay for whatever I just bought.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Yep, Jamnut I understand the wife thing. It only makes it harder to make it through when they are lonely at home and telling you about it. I would not mind so much being at home by myself cause I would just hang out with some friends or go see family. I guess it is different for the women.

Chris
Old 08-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Skateboard On Steroids

Last photo:

Among other things, I'm very much into old Mustangs (my daily driver is a restored 66). Through a Mustang forum, www.vintage-mustang.com, I've gotten to know fellow Stang nuts all over the country. When I'm travelling somewhere and have a little time to kill, I make a post to the forum and can always end up having a beer and talking cars with a new friend. On several occasions, these posts have resulted in road trips and/or helping fellow greasemonkeys with tasks in their garages. I've also reciprocated when I hear of someone coming to my neck of the woods.

hotrodders.com seems like a pretty active forum. Maybe a post here before your next biz trip might result in a little company?

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.