Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lighting and the deal breaker?
View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
cboy's Avatar
cboy cboy is offline

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atwater, CA
Age: 71
Posts: 3,921
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CustomConspiracy
... If you are painting and should back into a bulb and break it.....and the paint/thinnner/vapor/fumes are just right you could have a rather nice EXPLOSION.
There are a lot of potential "igniters" in a garage/shop situation. Fans, open flame heaters, electrical outlets, broken bulbs and maybe even static electricity from your unruly hair to a grounded object.

I would never suggest that anyone not take the greatest of precautions against creating an explosion. But I'm just curious as to documented, real life incidents of a hobby painter blowing themselves up and the conditions which caused any such accidents.
Always learning...and sharing what I've learned.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote