Hot Rod Forum banner

lighting system

776 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  docvette 
#1 ·
I just got my 1966 mustang out of the body shop and the guy there stated that he knew how to hook up the new wiring harnesses and lights . So now my tail lights, back up lights or turn signals dont even work. And to top it off my headlights dim in and out when there on. Whats going on?????????? :confused:

#2 · (Edited)
Well we really don't have enough information, but based on what you have told us this is my conclusion. The guy at the body shop is out of his league who obviously should not be going electrical work. He should have never let the car leave like that. You need to take it back and refuse to accept it until it's fixed.

Vince

#3 ·
Doc here, :pimp:

TAKE it back!

and threaten AND follow up to report and Sue if he wants to be an arse about it..

I am assuming this WAS <--Note ...a NEW kit? DEMAND A BRAND NEW KIT !! as the one you provided is NOW hacked , and wrong..and will be an electrical nightmare for the life of the car..

NEXT: DO not ALLOW them to do the work..obviously, they Don't have a Clue..Have it SENT to a reputable Electrical shop and installed there (their cost) OR you'll just end up with the same problems..

Keep track of receipts, costs and subsequent repairs..It may come handy if a case is required...most Small Claims now award up to $7500 in damages now.

Doc :pimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.