Lightweight jack - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 07:15 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Lightweight jack

Ok read the post but here's the issue I've got. I've gotten into racing again and violated my own rules and now have a set of tires for the track. So I need to change them at the track plus me and my friends have been working on our cars more and more. So I need a jack that don't break my freaking back anymore. I went to Hardbour freight (I know) but I really like the one jack they had however since they were out of them the Manager refused to sell it to me now this was the second time in 3 days they had refused to sell me something or help me so I really don't feel like dealing with them again. Been looking at the other jacks, namely the craftsman AL jack but the pad in the picture looks kinda small.
Also anyone using the rapid pumps can they work like a traditional jack ie small increments of lift? The other reason I'm wanting to get an AL jack is so when me and the guys get together I can throw another jack in with my tools. You can never have enough jacks. Especially doing tranny swaps, pulling motors, etc.
Thanks for any advice or directions.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2005, 07:36 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Judging by your posting, I'd be leaning towards getting 2 jacks. One for use at the home/shop and a second one for at the track. Those little 2 ton jacks work decent (just make good and sure that you use jack stands with them) for a quick tire change at the track. I'm not a huge fan of them for regular garage use, but a decent one can be had for around $20. I have 2 of them,and then I have a 3 ton Craftsman, and a 3 1/2 ton Michelin. The Michelin has a one pump to frame deal that is really handy, but the pad sits 1/2" taller than the Craftsman. In some cases, that 1/2"makes a huge difference. Overall lift height should also be taken into account.

I may not have helped much, but I'm sure I gave you more to think about.

In a while, Chet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.