Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lincoln 180T DOA....
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinfantry
my point, and i guess it wasnt stated well, is that lincoln isnt to blame. things made by humans break.

Lincoln IS to blame, they let the darn thing get past QC and out the factory door in an inoperable condition! What they did about the situation does not surprise me at all and is exactly what I thought they would do that's why I suggested they would probably offer some consumables. I have used, owned and dealt with Lincoln since 1968 and I learned a long time ago they do take care of their customers, not just Lincoln, Miller and Hobart will usually do the same. I know a guy who bought a Miller 225 AMP gas welder a few years ago and when he first got it home it had a problem with idling. Since the situation was much like Steels in that he lived a long distance from the dealer where he bought it he called Miller directly to try to solve the problem rather than make the long drive. Miller sent a rep (who came from the same dealer) out to make this minor repair and when he came he brought the guy a free $80 "Big Blue" cover for his welder! A warranty is fine when something breaks down and this can be expected to happen on occasion but not working the first time is just way out of line because quality control failed and a little extra attention, while not mandatory, certainly goes a long way in maintaining customer relations. Steel was perfectly justified in expecting more than just a repair and although what he received might not have equaled lost time and gas it was something to show they do take care of their customers, try that with one of the China specials!