Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lincoln electric welder
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Crazed and confused

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasrking
My weldpack HD100 just stopped working..it did not have an arc and it would not push any wire. I read through the troubleshooting guide in the manual. It said check the reset button to see if it was pushed out. negative. Then it said to check for faulty cord..no because you can hear the machine get the signal, the wire just doesn't feed..due to the fact that their is no arc it is obviously something way beyond a wire feed problem.it then said the machine can shut itself down due to overheating..it was on for only five minutes and i only struck several tack welds with it before it stopped on a 75 degree day. i opened the machine up and heard a rattle...turned out to be a small one inch piece of metal that fell off of who knows what..can't tell what its purpose was other than maybe it held a wire..cannot find any loose wires however....i have owned this machine for 20months and only used it a handful of times...i believe the warranty is only good for a year..anyone have good luck with lincoln electric taking blame and fixing a faulty machine after the warranty is up?? (in my humble opinion a piece of metal falling off the inside when it is sitting on the ground untouched is faulty)
Thanks

Did you make sure you didn't hit your duty cycle? I used to have one of these and they would weld for a ten minutes of heavy welding and then shut down. I thought I blew it up. But I came back about two hous later and it worked fine....... I would bet you hit that.