Lincoln Versailles steering and suapension upgrades - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Lincoln Versailles steering and suapension upgrades

I have a 77 Licoln Versailles that I think will make an unusual hot rod. I have done a lot of research on engine upgrades and found tons of stuff on the internet so I am satisfied that I have that end taken care of. However I can seem to find much if anything on steering and suspension upgrades. I assume that since the Versailles/Granada/Monarch shared the same chasis with Falcon/Mustang and other unibodied Ford vehicles of the 60s and 70s that any high performance parts made for those cars will fit the Versailles. About the only thing that I think will swap over are the wheels from the SN95 Mustang.
Any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated.
Jorge

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

the Good and the bad.

All the small block engine improvements, will work. , I 've had a couple , stock and parts cars. Some came with 351's and c 5's, and the last one had a factory sub frame kit installed. and you can't beat the 9 in disc brake rear. The bad, they are heavy, have a longer wheelbase. power steering ram hangs low, speed bumps take out the hoses and fittings, even on a stock height car, Brake- suspension pieces are popular swap parts to the earlier fomoco cars, possible brake upgrades, later larger rotors might fit, and Mustang Cobra multi piston brake calipers are popular swap to the granada, monarch versaille spindle swaps. a lot of the info on the falcoln fairlane mustang forums would apply since major components are shared. they have a lot more heavy sound deadening installed.... interior door handles are weak. don.t close the door with them,
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Don't have anything for you on the brakes but a cool story about a late 70's Versailles I do have. I was working at a body shop and next door was a big machine shop. The owners had a Versailles and the Granada (husband and wife) both bought new that year. The wife drove the Versailles of course. She wanted wire wheels so he bought some for her and put the Versailles aluminum wheels on the Granada two door he drove. He liked it so much he had us at the shop put a Versailles front and rear ands on the Granada! Everything bolted right on but the decklid, that needed a corner welded on each side where it met the rear window differently than the Versailles with it's formal roof line. We put the Versailles emblems on it and all of course. Now mind you, this car was a year old at best and it was a two door Versailles which of course Lincoln/Ford never made! He had people asking him all the time where he got it and he gave the salesman's name at the Lincoln dealer that he knew to them. That poor salesman had to put up with people coming in all the time to buy a two door Versailles.

Brian

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.