Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lincoln Welders - Is there a difference
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35WINDOW
robin58,

I wanted to know myself on a few of these Models, so I called the Lincoln Technical Department. Nice guys, and they told me that the Sp175T and the Pro Mig 175 were identical, except the badging. One is a "retail" Product (Pro Mig-read Lowe's), the other for the Lincoln Distributors.
I am not certain about the Weld-Pak, however-
Just looking at the specs., the tech. department might have givin you a bum steer here. Sure, the three machines here all have similar duty cycles and output ratings but, the 175T runs on 130V input voltage (120V where I come from) and the Pro Mig and the 175HD have a rated input voltage of 208-230.
You'll need to run these two machines, the pro-mig and the 175HD, with two hot leads and a neutral (220V) unless you have 208 three phase power where you are.

If you're looking for a machine that will plug into a common household 20A duplex receptical and work, I'd go with the 175T. Otherwise, you'll be taping into the stove or the clothes dryer with the other two machines.