Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lincoln Welders - Is there a difference
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 04:15 PM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeMover
Just looking at the specs., the tech. department might have givin you a bum steer here. Sure, the three machines here all have similar duty cycles and output ratings but, the 175T runs on 130V input voltage (120V where I come from) and the Pro Mig and the 175HD have a rated input voltage of 208-230.
You'll need to run these two machines, the pro-mig and the 175HD, with two hot leads and a neutral (220V) unless you have 208 three phase power where you are.

If you're looking for a machine that will plug into a common household 20A duplex receptical and work, I'd go with the 175T. Otherwise, you'll be taping into the stove or the clothes dryer with the other two machines.

PrimeMover,

I would like to respectfully disagree here, the Spec sheet on the SP175T states that it is a 208/230 machine with a 130 AMP Rated Output Current (same as the Pro Mig 175 and, now that I am looking at it, the Weld Pak-could they all be the same?). Amazingly, they all even weigh the same! Could it be that we are looking in two different places? I am looking at the Spec sheets off of the Lincoln site-