Hot Rod Forum banner

Line lock on rear wheel

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  BBCMudbogger 
#1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ed
''Just thought i'd mention that we often put the line lock on the brake line from the mastercylinder heading to the rear brakes thus when you push the button in (and hold it in) whilst not depressing the brake pedal; the solenoid closes off the pipe to the rear brakes, so when you do depress the brake pedal no fluid goes to the rear brakes and thus you can accelerate and smoke the tyres, this is good for showing off and also for racing when you want to heat the rear tyres (burnout) but not wear out the rear brakes, it also means that you can drive forward slowly using your footbrake whilst smoking the tyres.''

Bandit1980::thumbup: I'm happy one people talk about it. Why don't put line lock on the rear brake I think it's the better way to have the best control. Expecialy for slowly go forward and still burns the tire Just don't know:

-Why nobody talk about locking the rear line when talking about line lock.

#3 ·
bracketeer said:
Line Lock is designed to be used on a race car in the burn out box. You don't want to creep forward. So you put it on the front.
I don't care about drag-racing. I want to burn the tire on street and slowly go forward by keeping a little pressure on the front brake. Is it possible to do that by closing the valve and neutralizing the rear brake. After that riding with a foot on the brake pedal and the other on the right pedal

#5 ·
great idea

Good advice Bandit! I've never looked at line lock installations that way. Your setup has three options : keep your left foot on the brake pedal (like a brake stand except you don't waste your rear brakes), ease off and do a kick *** rollin burnouts, or keep the line lock deactivated and apply brakes to all four wheels while you're stallin up. Your installation method doesn't negate the purpose of the line lock, it actually makes it more versatile. If I wanna do a burnout in the box I'll have to step on the brakes for the duration, small price, I'd say for the added coolness of slow rollin burnouts. Thanks for the great tip.

#12 ·
Mr Miyagi said:
Good advice Bandit! I've never looked at line lock installations that way. Your setup has three options : keep your left foot on the brake pedal (like a brake stand except you don't waste your rear brakes), ease off and do a kick *** rollin burnouts, or keep the line lock deactivated and apply brakes to all four wheels while you're stallin up. Your installation method doesn't negate the purpose of the line lock, it actually makes it more versatile. If I wanna do a burnout in the box I'll have to step on the brakes for the duration, small price, I'd say for the added coolness of slow rollin burnouts. Thanks for the great tip.
Yes that what I talking about. just don't realy know how to tell it. (I don't talk very good english) but anyway That's it: slow rolling burnout just kick ***. :D . Yeah young but why not . Just want to know if it could be have a problem or something? Cause nobody seem try this option

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.