little brothers project - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2003, 01:33 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

little brothers project

O.K. thi is kind of an out there kind of question. My little brother is doing this project on drag racing, and i have been able to answere every one of his questions because i love this sport, but then he stumped me. He needs to know what a drag racer gets paid, now I know that this depends on the racer, the sponcer, and how many they win. But I need a general idea of what is the max they can earn a year, the minuminum they can earn, and what the variations are and why

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2003, 02:42 PM

Last photo:

$$$$

I can not answer your question directly, but there was a girl running drags a while back by the name of Karen - Kathy. She had a very bad accident and yet returned to racing. She broke several records the year before her accident and made over a million bucks. So the potential is there to make big money. Reality is that 1 in 10000 make it. Bottom side is you drive for free and love every minute of it. I drove Alfas in SCCA for 15 years and never made a dime. Got to meet Paul Newman, Smothers Brothers, and Steve McQueen. Loved every minute of it.

hr41pearl
Old 12-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Ask your little brother if he knows how to make a million dollars drag racing.....After he shrugs "I dunno" Tell him you start with two million!!!!
Old 12-20-2003, 03:51 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

SandFlea, you are so correct!! '71....you start out with a car. If you start winning consistently then you will pick up sponsors. The more sponsors you het the more you will make. Disappoint a spomsor and they will drop you like a lead weight and you are back at square one. One guy that comes to mind right off is Jim Head. He started out with everything out of pocket. The only writing of anytype on his car was Jim Head Racing in smaller letters on the door. He ran like that for a long while until he picked up sponsors. Cost him a fortune out of pocket at first. The same deal goes with the new guys and Monster trucks. You had better have some money set back to build. Now another alternative is if he is a good enough driver and could get in for driving for someone until he gets the capitol to build and run his own....but then again that is a long uphill battle because you have to prove yourself and I imagine there are thousands out there that think they are good enough. The movie Heart Like a Wheel about Shirley Muldowney is a good example of what it is like to move on up. Even though it is based on years back and about a woman it still has the basics of the struggle to work from bottom to top.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.