little town no place to hang out! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

little town no place to hang out!

In a little town like ours we look for places to congregate and its usually parking lots after businesses close like this one!, till we get run off !

We cant congregate in this lot anymore but I thought Id post some pics.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/atta...=65850&stc=11s.

Id like to see pics of other rodders meeting places especially small towns!! There's a new root beer stand opening Friday here, with car hops with roller skates and it will be 50s & 60s oriented for hot rodders! Ill post pics later next week.

I hope you enjoy the pictures Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	65850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	65851   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	65852   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	65853  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

a few more

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/atta...id=65857&stc=1

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	65854   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	65855   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	65856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	431.9 KB
ID:	65857  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
All I have to say is I am jealous, I wish I lived in a small town. Enjoy it!

Brian
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
boatbob2

Hi All ......

Heck,my town is so small,i lived here 8 months before i ever found the town,(true) im the only hot rod owner here...sure does get lonely though (tongue in cheek)
Old 06-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

There is a sonic closeby here, and a few miles south of town there is still a real live DRIVE IN movie place. Been dyin to go.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Plan B

Last photo:

That looks real fun!! We should start a thread on our local hang out spots with pics of course.
Brad...
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Man!! 2 a.m. here hay fevers killing me!!! worked all day on a 302 for my wife's Z 28 ! Repainted it purple(my god WOMAN!!!!) can you believe purple!!!LOL. Some guys came in the garage and started needling me before the paint was even dry!!! It was funny LOL!!! But we must do what the wife wants right!!! LOL

Im glad you guys liked the post & pics, Id like to see where you meet in towns around your areas of your state or country you reside in when your not at shows during the summer. Im in the middle of the mitten (Michigan) the closest good sized town is an hour away (Mt. Pleasant) with a "Pixie" that has a cruise night on Thursdays every week during the summer.

Are there any "Dog & Suds" still in operation any where?

Being the only rodder in your area must be a real bumber boat bob?

I thought my town was small it has a bar, a small country store a small country hardware and a little bait shop in town!

But on the highway US 10 a short distance away is a gas station a small bank and a small post office that are still running!! a closed grocery store, a closed roller rink ,a closed bump shop, a closed vacuum cleaner store, a closed laundry, a closed barber shop, a closed restaurant, a closed gas station, a closed car wash and small restaurant that I never see a car at but its sometimes open!!!!! The main conversation here is what cartoons you watched on tv and which can you spit your tobacco in and which can is the bear you were drinking in? LOL!!!!

I moved here to get get away from crime & drugs in the big city of Detroit! Here every ones sleeping with the other guys wife, and total strangers will ask you if you got a joint, and the sheriffs are so fat you have to help em out of cars before they can arrest ya LOL!! There a cops & donuts in a town called "Clare" about 20 miles from here that put prisoners to work there and was robbed by the workers!!!! I read that in the paper and almost fell over LOL

There's a church that approached me and a few other rodders to help put on a car show in Clare to save the church from foreclosure and the preacher made so much money that a week after the show he bought a classic car so he could go to car shows. I and a few other rodders were judges at the church show and they were giving trophies to some of the wrong cars so we brought it to the attention of of the people in charge of handing out the trophy's !! And they told us it didn't matter at least someone got the trophy and no one saw the winning #s myself and the other judges were so mad we vowed never to go back or get involved with church shows again !!!LOL A really nice stock 66 GTO got the award for best RAT ROD !!!! LOL

I used to trout fish the streams here till I was shot with an arrow in the thy from some nut bow hunter poaching out of season (Thats true no joke!!) Its funny now though!!!

I love the country life!!! LOL

All thats written above is true!! Their supposed to make a movie up here about the cops & doughnuts in Clare and the sheriffs are supposed to be in it if its released youll see the size of these guys LOL , but the good things and friends I found here and the many rodders in the area kept me here!

Dont get upset because I poked fun at law enforcement! Many in my family are state police , under cover agents, and federal marshals and on my wifes side Canadian mounties! But their all in excellent shape!!

Chris

Holly cow its after 4 am good morning guys!!!Ive got to get up in 3 hrs. LOL!!!

Last edited by painted jester; 06-06-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Neat post. Maybe more of the guys will post pictures of their group meeting places. My gang gathers at the local Sonic on Mondays. I will try and take a picture Monday night and post. maybe others will do the same.

John L
Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

John L. that would be very interesting. A lot of really nice cars dont hit the shows ! It would be nice to see them from other parts of the world!

chris
Old 06-07-2012, 01:23 AM

Last photo:

I lived in a small town in Illinois that was so small we had to take turns being the town drunk.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB
I lived in a small town in Illinois that was so small we had to take turns being the town drunk.
Thats funny

Chris
Old 06-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB

Thats the trouble these days...all the good jobs are part time......
Old 06-07-2012, 04:44 AM

Last photo:

Paint Jester, what you wrote here I could have wrote about the town the business is in.
COPY:
"I moved here to get get away from crime & drugs in the big city of Detroit! Here every ones sleeping with the other guys wife, and total strangers will ask you if you got a joint, and the sheriffs are so fat you have to help em out of cars before they can arrest ya LOL!! There a cops & donuts in a town called "Clare" about 20 miles from here that put prisoners to work there and was robbed by the workers!!!! I read that in the paper and almost fell over LOL "
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I live 83 miles south of this small town, in a big bedroom community of Atlanta, so I see the best and worse of small town that rolls up the side walks at 5 and the suburbs that never close. Pros and cons to both.
Car show side, the small town has the same 15-20 cars every show, rather boring.
In Canton once a month the car show can only handle 350 cars on a first come bases and now that is a great show and sometimes the best part of the show is cars that got there to late and are parked outside the show.

Commuting everyday like I do, I rack the miles up real quick, so I set the cruse at 9 over and have not had a ticket in many years. Well bought a new Ford truck and first day, as soon as I got to the city limits I was pulled over as truth be known, the local yocal cop knew he had an out of towner to give a ticket to.
In this town everyone knows everyone and he was shocked when he got to the window and saw me, he said he just wanted to tell me he liked my truck. BULLst.

By the way about 30 years or so ago, my parents had a summer home in Gladwin on lake McGilvery right down the street from you or as we say in blairsville, "down the road a piece".
Say that in Canton and they would not know what the heck you were talking about.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

The small weekly Cruise In does indeed usually have the same cars every week but I don't think they are boring at all. They are where you get together with friends. Everyone knows each other. We eat a burger, pull out our lawn chairs and go over to the shady grassy area and pick on each other for a couple of hours. Go home and do it again next week. The small cruises are really more social events than car shows. That is where I got the Nick name Forty Grit. Someone accused me of being slightly abrasive.

John L
Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 AM

Last photo:

Way out west of USA

Just south out of our country town there is a smaller old style farming town where i took the 67 for its first show. About 300 cars turned up with a few american icons among the aussie muscle cars with a nice Mad Max replica. Some of these guys need pickin on after they rambled on about their led voltage gauges, their chrome nuts etc. etc. Maybe 20 grit is required. If you want some pics paint jester i will post.
Al.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.