Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lizard skin application questions
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Lizard skin application questions

What is the best temperature to apply Lizard skin ceramic coating to the interior of a vehicle and also under the fenders/running boards? I opened one 2 gallon bucket and even after prolonged sturring (with a drill) it was unbelievably thick. Does the lizard skin need to be thinned prior to spraying or is this actually supposed to be this super thick consistancy? Can this be applied with an under coating spray gun and what pressure should be used? I know the air pressure lizard skin recommends, but what pressure works BEST in the real world to get as smooth an appearance as possible. I'm wanting to have as smooth of application or appearance as possible under my fenders & running boards because I'm planning on topcoating the lizard skin with base coat clear coat. All the metal surfaces are properly coated with primer. I'm wondering if putting the coating on with a roller would make the appearance smoother, but I'm not sure. Hopefully some of you fellow board members have actually used this lizard skin and can offer some learned advice. Thanks in advance.