Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lizard skin application questions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 06:06 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I have used lizard skin and i bought the gun with the product so i am not sure how the gun you have will work. I always sprayed it in hotter weather as this helps it dry faster. it is super thick and needs alot of pressure to pull it throught the tip. to get it smooth you have to play with air pressure and distance, especcially if you are using an undercoat gun. Don't expect it to go on like a heavy primer, it will have a little more texture than that. top coating with base clear is only going to magnify the texture. if you wnat it smooth you will have to prime and sand to fill the texture and we both know how much work that is. I personally dont like the look of top coated texture, if its a driver just lizard skin it and drive it. if its a show car I dont reccomend top coated lizard skin. Call Mike and he will give all the help you need, he is very nice and wants to help his customers. DO NOT ROLL IT UNLESS YOU WANT A TON OF TEXTURE!!