Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Local cruise nights with friends
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:37 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have to tell you, I went over to a local show today and found it very disappointing. They use to have the show at a local Portuguese hall and it was real nice, some trees, in a nice neighborhood, I got to be a judge there once, fun time. Today they held it for the first time at the friggin Mall! In the mall parking lot! I'm sorry, but I didn't have a lot of fire to get up (after a late night at a nephews birthday party) so I didn't get over until 10 or so. I drove in there and just drove right out, pay $25 to park at the mall, I just couldn't see that. It's a crappy place, hotter than heck, and it's the mall parking lot, just didn't feel right to me. Next month is a great in a little historic town near by, that will be fun as it was last year.

Brian
Funny I did the same thing today. The big cruise was in a K Mart parking lot, so I didn't want to even pay $10 to enter. I simply parked my Falcon just outside the cruise and walked around to see the cars, and visit friends. After a couple hours I jumped back in and drove home.
I don't mind looking around, but don't like the asphalt parking lot cruises.